Roof Switch? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Announcements, Comments, Help > Peugeotforums.com Forum Technical Support or Site Issues
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-08-15, 04:40 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Roof Switch?

Hi, I've googled for someone with the same prob, but I can't find anything that's completely appropriate. I'm new to driving and to the forum, so forgive me if I can be a bit thick and may be posting in the wrong place.

Recently I had my 2003 silver 206cc in for MOT. Pre MOT, I thought I had a hand-brake prob, but found out it was rear right break caliper. Got it fixed pretty cheaply. The car failed on emissions, as I suspected it would, but I'd looked around for a garage which was efficient and affordable so that I could have repairs done and have a re-test in the same week.

While it was in for the MOT however, the garage busted my roof. A 55 MOT has cost me my roof. I'm gutted and I'm angry. The garage owner says his blokes never touch sunroofs, but it was a roasting day and I found my board pinging to tell me I had something awry. Couldn't work out what it was, until I looked up and saw one of the roof clips undone... I am obsessive about the order I work the roof, so I KNOW this wasn't me.

Of course the owner denies it, but the incredibly cheap repair of the emissions fault signals an unsaid apology. However 75 off does not cover the possible cost of a roof repair, which is in the hundreds - and he knows it.

I'm guessing - as I deliberatley left the screen in the boot rolled-in so as not to trigger the micro switch, because I knew they'd muck about with the roof - that the mechanic has man-handled the switch. I knew as soon as I touched the switch that it would not connect. It was loose in its cradle. When I re-set, the catches pinged quite the thing to signal the roof was ready, but the switch just wobbled.

I'm hoping there are no other problems beyond the roof-switch itself. I've found some switches on the web, but I don't know how to proceed with the repair. Any ideas whether I'll need just the switch, the switch in its rocker, the ECU unit along with the switch...? Any advice how I can check?

I'm hoping that this won't be as costly as it would be if the fault was elsewhere - further down the micro-switch line.

I won't pursue anything with the garage. I figure we now have 'an understanding' and any future repairs will be handled more respectfully.

Thanks in advance for any help.
OlderNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-08-15, 06:18 PM   #2

I am going to tell you what REALLY happened the handbrake fixing required the console portion that houses the switch to be lifted up to get access to the cable adjuster the person lifted this up too far and broke the switch !

They then opened the catches to try the roof and forgot to close them its really that simple
Old 27-08-15, 06:50 PM   #3

As "reliable406" says, just try removing the console around the handbrake lever and replace the switch as a starting point if it looks like it's broken
Not a big job to do, just need Torques screwdriver to remove the screws
johnbrander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 27-08-15, 08:07 PM   #4
Inactive User

Thank you for that! Really useful to know. I shall give it a go as soon as I can get the part - fingers crossed. So, I should only order the switch with the rocker surround initially?

Thanks again for such speedy replies.
Old 27-08-15, 08:09 PM   #5

If you are good at fiddly things the switch actually can be put back together I know I have done exactly what I said when stripping a CC I now know not to pull too hard on console
Old 27-08-15, 08:13 PM   #6
Inactive User

I'm a total spanner at any car things as it's all new to me. However, I can usually figure how stuff works and see what might be the prob. Yeh, it might be worth a go this weekend just having a look and seeing what I can do. Not as if I'll need my roof down in this weather! There's nothing else in there that I can bust is there? I don't want to end up wrecking things even further.
Old 27-08-15, 08:20 PM   #7

No that's the reason they broke it in a normal 206 there is nothing in this section and you just pull it off but in the CC you need to be carefull
Old 27-08-15, 08:59 PM   #8
Inactive User

Smashing, thanks. Hopefully it'll just be a loose screw or something. The audible signal is still working and the red illumination light is on. I just noticed rhat there while I was out.

Another big thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in