problems - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Announcements, Comments, Help > Peugeotforums.com Forum Technical Support or Site Issues
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-08, 04:58 PM   #1

Default problems

hi i got problem with 206 at low rev its got miss fire and popping out of back box and temp goes up i change plugs and coil pack can anyone help.
welshy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-08, 07:05 PM   #2

ive had this problem around 6 months ago, the coil pack failed, and i had the same problems, changed the coil, it was ok for approx 2 miles then failed again, then bought a more expensive better brand coil and its never failed since.
Whistler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-09-08, 03:49 PM   #3

Default still problems

hi thanks for answering me i still got problem its not missing now just hesitating and popping out back box. the car got no cat wondering if its fuel problem its a 1.4 8v hope you may know somethin that may help.

Old 14-09-08, 06:01 PM   #4

Have you been caining it about before the problem started, like holding onto your revs in each gear and booting it quite hard. And when did you have your cam belt changed if not, you could have worn out other parts in the engine by hammerin it. Valves etc
Easymikey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-09-08, 06:22 PM   #5

Take it for a crypton tune and have some1 do a pressure test on it first. Back street garage will do a pressure test for a small sum. Dont know what area your from either so cant suggest where to take it.
Easymikey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-09-08, 09:44 PM   #6

is it alot of popping or just either on gear change or as you get between 3 & 6k revs? is it more of a pop or a bang, what exhaust system are you using?
Old 19-09-08, 07:54 PM   #7

Default hi

its popping at 2 mate i been told by garage the fuel to lean got air leak in vacum some where just cant see were mate spark plugs white when you take them out thanks for your help mate
Old 22-09-08, 05:52 PM   #8

This is just an idea as ive been chatting to a friend over the last few days whos been having the same problem and to sort it he fitted a vortex box were the cat was, in turn this boosted his bhp about 6 bhp, and it solved the problem, due to the vortex's design the pressure goes through there at such a rate it doesnt have time to ignite or leak pressure, only an idea tho mate, as vortex pipes can be expensive. Regards whistler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in