problem going back a page on browser ?? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Announcements, Comments, Help > Peugeotforums.com Forum Technical Support or Site Issues
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-12-11, 11:23 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default problem going back a page on browser ??

Noticed using this forum that if I want to go back a page to a previous page, I have click twice on the 'back' arrow on explorer 8.

Reason I think is a site "http://www.alltagcloud.info/icons/index" is in the back listing and I can't get rid of it. Even in Tools/Privacy/Sites/Block will not stop it.

Any Clues of how to get rid of it or is it part of the Forum.
307wonder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-12-11, 08:06 PM   #2
Inactive User

do you have the compatibility option selected? should be a broken page symbol next to the address bar.

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-12-11, 11:14 PM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks,

I've selected "display all websites in Compatibility view", added this website to my privacy blocking and cleared all my cookies.

But still cannot get rid of the "http://www.alltagcloud.info/icons/index" which is the cause of having to double click "Recent Pages"(back button) to go back a page or two.

Searching this on Google, it is a 'Webcam Bait'. I've tried other sites I use on a regular basis and do not have a problem and its address is not seen when going back through previous pages till I get back here.

So it would appear to be a problem on here.???

thanks again

Old 21-12-11, 11:52 PM   #4
Inactive User

your the first person out of thousands to complain about this. so i would say its not the site but rather the machine itself.

try a different browser such as google chrome or opera...see if that brings the same fault

i would also disconnect the affected machine from the internet/network all together and do a virus/malware scan (deep scan) and do the same for any machines on the network...there can be some right pain in the arse worms out there.

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-12-11, 01:40 AM   #5
Inactive User

ive got ie8 and have never seen such problem here. try an anti malware software.
battlestar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-12-11, 12:37 PM   #6
jmkent

I'm on Firefox 8.0 and no problems either
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-12-11, 05:37 PM   #7
Inactive User

OK,

Done malwarebytes full scan, nil
Done zonealarm full scan, nil
Done combofix scan, nil
Done trend housecall, nil

Any idea's where/how to find this bug supposingly to be on my machine which is not on a network.

thanks
Old 22-12-11, 05:52 PM   #8
Inactive User

So i googled a bit and it seems that the problem you are experiencing is caused by some off ads. its something that domain owners should look into and block the offending ad provider or the ad itself.

whereabouts are you located? being that ads are location based mostly you might be a lone case here if there is not many other users close to you.
battlestar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-12-11, 09:45 PM   #9
Inactive User

Thanks,

I had a similar problem with a SatNav site, once I noted it on their site and others then followed.

It turned out to be the server of the site and they had to change to a more secured server.

As I experienced the problem with only the SatNav site and now I'm only having the problem here and no where else, I cannot see it being my machine considering all the scans etc are coming back negative, including removing all my cookies and not accepting Third-party Cookies. Only allowing First-party Cookies to try being safe. My Host file in Win32 is also as advised set to "read only" to help safeguard from any infection.

I might seem a moaner about this issue, but I'm only trying safeguard everyone's pleasure of using the site.

thanks again
Old 23-12-11, 10:56 PM   #10
Inactive User

OK,

To show whenever I visit any other site I do not see any "bait link" etc and do not have a problem going back a page etc.

One image shows this and the other shows when I join here, then the "bait link" appears and I cannot go back without a doubleclick.
Attached Thumbnails
pugprob1.jpg   pugprob2.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in