Peugeot parts etc - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Announcements, Comments, Help > Peugeotforums.com Forum Technical Support or Site Issues
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-03-09, 11:41 PM   #1

Default Peugeot parts etc

Hello,im new to this forum and im a taxi driver that has worked for mercedes,fiat and a bodyshop and a motor factor.
It appals me what garages are charging for labour rates and the prices of parts nowadays.
With the credit crunch,main dealers are not selling the volume of cars they need to,so they will have to rely on the service and parts departments to keep the garage going.
When i was at fiat,the sales dept were literally selling new cars for a 50 profit,as in order to be a fiat dealer,fiat uk sent a specified amount of cars to the garage and the garage had to pay for them,if you see what i mean.
I suggest people find a good reliable garage other than peugeot,as i dont think 75 per hour is a good labour rate and on other forums im finding that they are just as unscrupulous and clueless as say Kwik Fit are.
Another idea is to check out prices at a company like Cab Direct,as they supply genuine parts cheaper than peugeot does.
So basically the best thing to do is to buy the parts yourself and get a good garage to fit them,its what i always do whenever possible.
theunderling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-04-09, 05:54 PM   #2

being a taxi-driver myself ,that is what i do , ie buy parts and get a good mechanic to fit them.
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-12-09, 05:41 PM   #3

Default Peugeot parts etc

I for one think its time to split up the Parts Shed, like most other forums

Basically, instead of the one forum wed have:

Vehicle buy & sell
Parts buy & sell
Hot deals ebay finds, websites selling PEUGEOT parts
antileinilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 24-12-09, 01:58 PM   #4
Stubbo

Might not be a bad plan, saves trawling through to find stuff, means we can snap up a bargain a bit quicker!

Oh i edited the last bit of your post, i dont want websites selling subaru parts!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-12-09, 08:03 PM   #5
chopper1192

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderling
i dont think 75 per hour is a good labour rate and on other forums im finding that they are just as unscrupulous and clueless as say Kwik Fit are.
75 an hour would be considered bloody good round here! A properly qualified tech takes about as long to train as a solicitor, and you won't get a good one of those for south of 200 an hour!!!

In any case, apart from warranty work where I have little choice, I wouldn't let any techie near my car other than me.

Additionally, a good friend of mine is the parts manager at a Pug stealers, so I always get looked after where genuine parts are concerned. Filters etc I always use MAHLE, which are cheaper and better than OE anyway.

Bizarrely, apart from occasional offers at NETTO, the local stealers are very competitive with their oil.

None of it's an issue if you know the trade, know the bullpois, know where to look, and ignore the rubbish spoken by the likes of Honest John, Jason Dawe etc. It's not any different to being arse reamed for calling out a plumber, to what is essentially a very simple mechanical trade to master.

Anyway, anything that drums up business in the parts section has gorra be good.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in