Peugeot 307 sw turned off with all kind of warnings after battery light was on for 2 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Announcements, Comments, Help > Peugeotforums.com Forum Technical Support or Site Issues
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-05-16, 08:34 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Peugeot 307 sw turned off with all kind of warnings after battery light was on for 2

I have peougeot 307 sw. Today, the bartery light was on but then i switched off the car and switched on again. The battery warning light was not on. After a drive of few minutes, the light was on again. Then after 2 more minutes, all lights were on with messages like battery charge failure, air bad failure, abs failure and so on. Now i cant start the car anymore. I dont know what to look at.
faizi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-05-16, 08:54 PM   #2

Sounds like your alternator has failed or your fanbelt has come off all the other faults are SYMPTOMS of the non charging as all the systems see low voltage as a fault the faults will clear themselves once the alternator fault is cured.
Old 21-05-16, 02:25 PM   #3
Inactive User

Today i started the car and i was able to start it. I didnt drive though. Could this be battery ?

Old 21-05-16, 02:44 PM   #4
Inactive User

I just started again and waited 2 mins. This time no battery warning rather esp, abs and airbag warning appear and it turned off. I tried to start again and there was no sound like if it is trying to start. Rather a sound of spark when i rotate the key and thats it.
Old 21-05-16, 03:08 PM   #5
Inactive User

Take it to get the battery and alternator checked when it runs.
Old 21-05-16, 05:22 PM   #6

Similar thing happened to me a couple of months ago, battery warning light came on and then slowly but surely the dash was lit up like Las Vegas. The auxillary belt had popped off whilst driving. Check the belt, if it's there, and take it for a spin to a garage and have the alternator looked at. It's also worth checking the battery, if it's old, replace it. Check the contacts and earths are sound.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jimmymarsbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in