In Line ads - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Announcements, Comments, Help > Peugeotforums.com Forum Technical Support or Site Issues
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By storeman
  • 1 Post By Administrator

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-11-15, 03:44 PM   #1

Default In Line ads

Looked at a few new posts to find they have unrelated advertising links tagged onto the post.

Please don't say that this is going to be the norm. I've clicked on a couple thinking they were links to images or something else the poster added that might have something to do with the issue but nope they were links to pages selling thing.

If the forum needs ads for funding then let them be obvious ads but please steer clear of these stealth ads. They annoy me and are likely to annoy others. Maybe to the point of putting off people from being active contributing members.
erick-r likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-11-15, 02:22 PM   #2
Administrator

Hey there,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Are you logged in when you see the ads, and would you be able to pull up a screenshot of what you mean?

We do have a variation of ads on the forum that users may see if they're not logged in but once you've registered or logged onto your account, the amount of ads showing should be reduced.

Lee, community support
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-11-15, 05:19 PM   #3

This is one - the link goes to 'hxxp://www.cnautotool.com/goods-364-Cummins+Inline+5+Insite+762+Diagnostic+Tool.html'

Not been able to locate the other threads with these inline ads but I am logged in and they are visible.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 27-11-15, 07:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by storeman View Post
This is one - the link goes to 'hxxp://www.cnautotool.com/goods-364-Cummins+Inline+5+Insite+762+Diagnostic+Tool.html'

Not been able to locate the other threads with these inline ads but I am logged in and they are visible.
Saw the same link, don't remember in which thread, but I was logged in when it appears, I'm sure.
erick-r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-11-15, 07:59 PM   #5
Ginger Magic

Adblocker is a very useful FREE tool for such times...

I'm not associated with the product, but it is very good indeed.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-11-15, 07:31 AM   #6

I use firefox with the adblocker plugin but it doesn't stop this. I doubt it was inserted by the poster as it doesn't fit with the rest of the post.

Old 28-11-15, 04:37 PM   #7
Administrator

I don't think that was an add, but a link the user posted. Looked up the user and they had been banned for posting Spam.

Kevin
Jagn likes this.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-11-15, 07:48 PM   #8

Yep - you are probably right. Just checked a few of this persons posts and most of them have a link to the same website. Going off his posts he seems to have one of every Peugeot model.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in