Indicators - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Announcements, Comments, Help > Peugeotforums.com Forum Technical Support or Site Issues
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-11, 11:30 PM   #1
Inactive User

Exclamation Indicators

This is a real pain in the ass of a setup, since the 2010 the indicators have got worse

I'm currently a driving instructor, and obviously use (only the best of course) this car for tution

Problem is if you temporary press (for example) the indicator lever down half way the signal flashes 2-3 times, problem is the pupil thinks its still left on and pushes the lever upwards.. then right signal flashed 2-3 times, so then they push it back down again (thinking its going to cancel) and the left signal starts flashing away !!

Why not have it so if they put the lever to the middle it cancells straight the way.. its common sense !!!
spyder_steve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-11, 11:41 PM   #2
Inactive User

Well good reason to teach them arm signals i had to do a left turn on my test years ago out the window.
I am just curious want to pick your brains you know mirror signal maneuver how would you get on in the new range rover check the camera then mirror then signal followed by maneuver as the range rover has cameras all round .

Same really with new bmw 7 series i think cameras on front bumper for blind junctions.

Dont think they will change tens of thousands of cars now with new indicator stalks.

P.S dont think it matters much because hardly anyone uses indicators these days after passing test .
nige65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-11, 12:10 AM   #3
davidireland

Most cars have this feature nowadays. The focus had it back in 2005. Its for signalling in and out of lanes on motorways.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-11, 10:45 PM   #4
Inactive User

davids right, my 06 focus has this feature...i just tell the difference by making sure the stalk "clicks" into the position for junctions.

do cars still come with indicators as standard now??? i see loads of cars who seem to have them fitted but the drivers seem not to use them ever....the biggest culprits is the people in new 10 plates or 11 plates...so do they still manufacture them as standard?

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-11, 10:48 PM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_h View Post
davids right, my 06 focus has this feature...i just tell the difference by making sure the stalk "clicks" into the position for junctions.

do cars still come with indicators as standard now??? i see loads of cars who seem to have them fitted but the drivers seem not to use them ever....the biggest culprits is the people in new 10 plates or 11 plates...so do they still manufacture them as standard?

Hey ive just ordered new car hope there fitted
Old 05-09-11, 10:51 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige65 View Post
Hey ive just ordered new car hope there fitted
nah mate, must be an extra 500 to get them...but atleast you will get the bodgy headlight, where one will always be blown going down the motorway

Old 05-09-11, 10:54 PM   #7
Inactive User

Hope not there xenons and i fink they are expensive
Old 05-09-11, 10:57 PM   #8
Inactive User

haha it seems to be the style these days; atleast a blown headlight or rear light and no indicators

what car are you buying mate? ive probably seen it but forgotten

Old 05-09-11, 11:00 PM   #9
Inactive User

Nissan Qashqai Tekna 1.5dci
Old 05-09-11, 11:01 PM   #10
Inactive User

Oh by the way still french Renault engine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in