great forum but - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Announcements, Comments, Help > Peugeotforums.com Forum Technical Support or Site Issues
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-11-12, 10:22 AM   #1

Default great forum but

It would be good if there was a link at the top by new threads that has my posts in as going round the block to list subscriptions is a bit numb, i have never gone into gallery etc lol.
Also posts keep getting renewed or replaced with the same thing as ppl only seem to go into new posts couldn't that be swapped or merged with recent posts where a thread that gets answered long after it is lost from new threads is still seen as a point of interest?
I'm not moaning lol i just think these things would make the forum better and cleaner.
Thanks, sorry if it has been asked
Advertisement

Old 13-11-12, 11:46 AM   #2

I go to my emails where all new posts are recorded. I get a ding as a new email comes in so just check there in case its from the forum.

407s 110 1.6 HDI retrofitted cruise+limiter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sterion75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-11-12, 01:21 PM   #3

I do that too its the only forum i get notifications from which is good, but the other point about posts going out of date and forgotten quickly is the 1 really, i even had to add extras posts to a related problem i had lol.

Old 13-11-12, 08:25 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot34 View Post
It would be good if there was a link at the top by new threads that has my posts in as going round the block to list subscriptions is a bit numb, i have never gone into gallery etc lol.
Also posts keep getting renewed or replaced with the same thing as ppl only seem to go into new posts couldn't that be swapped or merged with recent posts where a thread that gets answered long after it is lost from new threads is still seen as a point of interest?
I'm not moaning lol i just think these things would make the forum better and cleaner.
Thanks, sorry if it has been asked
Have you seen an example of what you're suggesting? I'm not fully understanding what you're asking for so if you have an example, it will help with my research into your suggestion.
Yungster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-11-12, 09:24 PM   #5

Hi ok I'll pick a forum at random Ford transit forum if you go into it it is laid out similar to pf but on the main screen is amongst other things view my posts (bit similar to user cp here)

But the bit I'm wondering about is on this forum new posts should really be new posts and replied posts i think so if a topic is asked,ppl see it then it goes down the list into history butif a reply is made later on it gets bumped up again as relevant again so any post that is of interest is kept in view.
I think it works like that in the specific area i.e 306 thread but nobody looks at them so the only way to get attention after the initial post of it being in new threads is to start a new thread.

I may be looking at it wrong but that is why i suggest the view my posts on the front as ppl can look at the new threads then click to view their posts very easily so nobody who makes a reply to anything gets forgotten about.
I hope any of this makes sense?

Thanks
Old 14-11-12, 06:58 PM   #6
jmkent

The 'New Posts' search/link at the top does what you're asking for... its not new threads, its new posts, i.e. even a thread that is 2yrs old will appear if someone posts on it
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-11-12, 08:12 PM   #7
Inactive User

The ads are quite good ...I've made a lot of new friends using that advert " Meet Nice Girls On a Street Corner by You " ....
tiptronic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-11-12, 10:03 PM   #8

Lol I'm getting used to it i go into user cp then i go to new posts then i go to list subscriptions then finally I'll check out the general forum index lol just in case i miss something.
Old 15-11-12, 06:19 PM   #9
jmkent

The New Posts link at the top will do them all
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in