ADMIN... A few questions - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Announcements, Comments, Help > Peugeotforums.com Forum Technical Support or Site Issues
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-09-08, 09:11 AM   #1

Thumbs down ADMIN... A few questions

Hello everybody and "Admin" can you answer me
A few ?'s. Why is the members list of names disabled? Then why do people need 20 posts to be able to send personal messages or p.m? And is it possible to put what sex the user is i.e male 'M' or female 'F' into peoples profile for a better knowledge of users! And last one why dont you guys show your pictures in your profiles? I take it your not shy and users might like to see the people behind the site.... Thanks and will be checking back here for your replys. Users hello all, come and leave a message cos many people in this site just look and read then leave without leaving a post.
Easymikey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-09-08, 09:40 PM   #2

There is a good reason behind the 20 post mark at the end of the day this is a forum not a private message forum, PM's count for nothing other than personal gain. In the long run proving that you can make 20 posts of relevance shows you are worthy to be able to use this feature and are a genuine person rather than some that is either here to spam or a bot, which are continually problems for many forum admin, if you still wish to send a pm most people's e-mail addresses are attached to there profile and you can pm that way.
As for your other questions im sure ash can answer you that part. Regards whistler
Whistler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-08-09, 03:01 PM   #3
Inactive User

hey mate, i can answer those

we need 20 posts min because many members are spam robots and start spamming as soon as they are registered, but having a min 20 posts, doesnt allow the bot to spam since they are programmed to post links

as for the member list being blocked is because i have some past experience with vbulletin forums and many bots out there can scan all user emails and info if the members list is public and then those bots create a list which can be given to spammers which then spam those mail addresses over and over

so its in the best interest of the members to block the list

thanks
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 22-08-09, 05:58 PM   #4

Admin- bit late on that post , nearly a year.
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-08-09, 04:02 PM   #5
Inactive User

well spotted - I'm just going to have to clean my key board up now of spat out sticky wine from your comment Martin.

Oh bless Admin - got to have a laugh though!
Mad Millie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-08-09, 04:03 PM   #6
Inactive User

Ive got another question.... why can't we have more than 4 emoticons per post. I could easily fill up a page with them - I think they are fun and - why don't we have a bigger choice of emoties
Mad Millie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-02-10, 01:05 AM   #7

GOD IT SEEMS WIERD COMING BACK ONTO THIS SITE AFTER SO LONG....... GOT TO REMEMBER MY WAY
IT STILL LOOKS VERY BASIC. SO IS THIS AS FAR THIS FORUM WILL EVER PROGRESS? OR ARE THERE PLANS TO UPDATE IN THE PIPELINES?
Old 17-02-10, 07:06 AM   #8

As long as the information and help is here who cares about what it looks like, looked back to your day there was very little chat and loads of spam,
have you still got a pug or did you change cars as well as forums?

Welcome back by the way
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-02-10, 09:43 PM   #9

it is alot better in here these days, yeah i still got my 205gti (never get rid of it lol as much as the misses moans) lol @ smiley...
i also own a 54 plate 307sw se now (family car) due to now having 2 boys since i was last using the forum a few years back. this has been fitted with towbar so i can take my 205 on trailler if needed lol..

glad you guys are still going and glad to be back, so you will be seeing me about on here every now an then
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in