TU5JP4 1.6 16v upgrades? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Performance Modifications
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-12-15, 09:11 PM   #1

Default TU5JP4 1.6 16v upgrades?

Having issues with tappet noise right now as mentioned on the 307 forum. Most say its common but not something I want to live with.

If I go down the route of rebuilding the top end what improvements could I make?

First of all would be hydraulic tappet quality. I have rebuilt an alfa with lightweight INA tappets and new cams. That worked a treat. Worked brilliantly, fast, silent and never bled down. Hot weather 40 degrees, cold below freezing, all kinds of traffic conditions. Performed faultlessly.
Even after sitting for a month the car started up instantly with no noise with a variety of oils.

That is what I want for my PUG's top end!

If I go the cams route maybe a slightly different profile on the cams?
Or just standard?

Another option down the road (personal project) would be to buy a used engine and rebuild it with new pistons, higher compression etc.
I spent many years following Guy Crofts work and aspire to even attempt something remotely close to his work.
But how does it work with the VOSA records/Tax/Insurance etc when replacing engines with modded ones?

Advertisement

Old 14-12-15, 11:20 AM   #2

https://www.gov.uk/change-vehicle-de...need-to-update
IanML is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in