peugeot Partner Teepee - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Partner
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-03-18, 03:07 PM   #1

Default peugeot Partner Teepee

Ive recently bought the above 2016 model from my local Peugeot dealer just over 2 month's ago, I took in for a service & mentioned to them there is a clunking noise when I release the brake pedal.
When I went to collect my car the service guy said the noise is the same on all these model's, Does anyone with the same model have the same issue.
ronnie11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-18, 09:19 PM   #2

Yes I also have a clunk when releasing brake pedal, on my Partner, late 2015 model. I have just upgraded from a 2012 model same van and the brake pedal in that was silent and it had 132k miles on it!

Taking it in to Peugeot on 6 Apr to have the touchscreen radio's software updated so I will mention it to my dealer and see what their verdict is. It is disappointing in a vehicle which isn't that old as it doesn't sound very good especially when it's used all day for city driving, its irritating.
Oli91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-18, 10:21 AM   #3

Default Clanking brake pedal

Hi. First post.

I also have the dreaded metallic noise from the brake pedal area.

My 2016 Partner Tepee is now exactly 2 years old and has only done less than 4000 miles.

After a bit of research I have found this is a relatively common problem on the 2014 to 2017 built models.

After some research I found a dealer technical bulletin number B3FW011RQ0 was issued stating 'Metallic banging when the brake pedal is released'. Anybody with the problem should quote the number to the dealer.

From my research I have found the brake pipes between the ABS unit and the master cylinder have to be replaced. I'm not exactly sure how that fixes things. It is kind of strange because on my Tepee just a very light touch to the pedal and then release is almost worse than hard braking and release.

This problem of course also affects the Berlingo models from the same years.

In my case Peugeot are pretty unhelpful. My vehicle was unused for about 12 months and was subject to a sorn statement. It missed the 12 month service as it was off road. Peugeot see everything in black and white and appear to not want to honour the 3 year warranty. I was happy to pay for a 24 month service but what is the point if they don't honour the warranty?

Has anybody managed to get under the car and take a look at what really is going on with the pedal clank clang noise?
Oli91 likes this.
Trickie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-18, 11:38 AM   #4

If they are replacing brake pipes to fix it only thing i can think of is they are touching and the pressure flowing through them makes the noise its unlikely though but if thats all it is a slight bend on the offending pipe would sort it.

Only other possibility is they have a hose in part of the pipe and this hose section is faulty in some way leading to pressure surges in the pipes.

Does seem strange that replacing the pipes cures it though.

As for the service issue i dont see how that should be an issue when we had new taxis we serviced them ourselves with NO records and we still had warranty claims honoured fine
Old 04-04-18, 02:04 PM   #5

I'm not sure but part of the rectification work would be to change from pipes to flexible hoses?

Also I have read the problem affects both right and left hand drive models manufactured during a specific period.

Translated from a French language forum:
Quote:
Hello, known problem (TSB n °: B3FW011RQ0), it is necessary to replace the pipes between the master cylinder and the ABS block.
up to OPR 14176, from OPR 14177 serial solution.
My ORGA or RP number = 14108
Production date = 25 June 2015
Then it was 9 months before it got a uk registration!!!!!

Putting the French in to clear Anglo-Saxon the replace pipes repair option is up to 14176 then from 14177 there seems to be a second option and I presume serial means more than just the brake pipes need to be replaced?
Old 04-04-18, 02:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
If they are replacing brake pipes to fix it only thing i can think of is they are touching and the pressure flowing through them makes the noise its unlikely though but if thats all it is a slight bend on the offending pipe would sort it.

Only other possibility is they have a hose in part of the pipe and this hose section is faulty in some way leading to pressure surges in the pipes.

Does seem strange that replacing the pipes cures it though.

As for the service issue i dont see how that should be an issue when we had new taxis we serviced them ourselves with NO records and we still had warranty claims honoured fine
I'm not sure but part of the rectification work would be to change from pipes to flexible hoses?

Also I have read the problem affects both right and left hand drive models manufactured during a specific period.

Translated from a French language forum:
Quote:
Hello, known problem (TSB n °: B3FW011RQ0), it is necessary to replace the pipes between the master cylinder and the ABS block.
up to OPR 14176, from OPR 14177 serial solution.
My ORGA or RP number = 14108
Production date = 25 June 2015
Then it was 9 months before it got a uk registration!!!!!

Putting the French in to clear Anglo-Saxon the replace pipes repair option is up to 14176 then from 14177 there seems to be a second option and I presume serial means more than just the brake pipes need to be replaced?
Old 04-04-18, 11:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickie View Post
Hi. First post.

I also have the dreaded metallic noise from the brake pedal area.

My 2016 Partner Tepee is now exactly 2 years old and has only done less than 4000 miles.

After a bit of research I have found this is a relatively common problem on the 2014 to 2017 built models.

After some research I found a dealer technical bulletin number B3FW011RQ0 was issued stating 'Metallic banging when the brake pedal is released'. Anybody with the problem should quote the number to the dealer.

From my research I have found the brake pipes between the ABS unit and the master cylinder have to be replaced. I'm not exactly sure how that fixes things. It is kind of strange because on my Tepee just a very light touch to the pedal and then release is almost worse than hard braking and release.

Thank you for the info! Will mention it to my Peugeot dealer when I take it in on Friday. Won’t hold my breath though, trying to get warranty work out of them is virtually impossible.
Old 05-04-18, 07:20 AM   #8

Let us know how it goes with the dealer. There are loads of us out there with the same issue!
Old 06-04-18, 08:37 PM   #9

Evening guys! Update for you. Peugeot dealer have been working on my van since 8:30 this morning and I called them for an update at 3pm and they said the van won’t be finished until tomorrow, however they are updating the touchscreen radio and fixing the brake pedal/pipe issue UNDER WARRANTY!! 88k miles and they’ve not even checked the service history. Will see what they’ve done tomorrow but I’m pleased so far. I have had dealings with this particular dealership group before for warranty issues and have had great success with them, so far so good!
Old 07-04-18, 08:46 AM   #10

That is good news!
If you get a chance can you take a photo of the removed brake pipe parts.
Also can you let us know the result of the repair.
Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in