peugeot partner central locking install - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Partner
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-12-17, 12:03 PM   #1

Default peugeot partner central locking install

hi

I have 2005 peugeot partner and it has factory central locking but without remote. I want to fit afftermarket remote locking so that I can lock unock via remote. Existing lock / unlock all working with switch inside and also with key.

So far I have only found out green wire inside the door going to motor is lock
and blue wire is unlock.

I have tried to connect aftermarket kit but it does not operate.

Aftermarket kit has Red (positive), Black (negitive), orange and orange/black (not needed), white and white/black which are (lock / unlock) and then yellow and yellow/black (both together either positive or negitive).

Not sure what I am missing (i have installed this kit in other vehicles with success) can someone suggest or know how to connect.

thanks
rsaha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-12-17, 12:19 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsaha View Post
hi

I have 2005 peugeot partner and it has factory central locking but without remote. I want to fit afftermarket remote locking so that I can lock unock via remote. Existing lock / unlock all working with switch inside and also with key.

and blue wire is unlock.

Aftermarket kit has Red (positive), Black (negitive), orange and orange/black (not needed), white and white/black which are (lock / unlock) and then yellow and yellow/black (both together either positive or negitive).

Not sure what I am missing (i have installed this kit in other vehicles with success) can someone suggest or know how to connect.

thanks
you could just swap the coms unit and program a genuine remote fob to it
Old 21-12-17, 12:22 PM   #3

Quote:
hi

and blue wire is unlock.

thanks
the lock and unlock wires in the van either have a positive voltage or a negative voltage so if you put a volt meter across one of them then to earth and lock/unlock do you get a voltage if not then put then other side of the meter to positive

Old 21-12-17, 12:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustme View Post
the lock and unlock wires in the van either have a positive voltage or a negative voltage so if you put a volt meter across one of them then to earth and lock/unlock do you get a voltage if not then put then other side of the meter to positive
thanks I have tried to connect the lock / unlock wire from the aftermarket kit to vans lock / unlock (green / blue) and also vice versa the other way round. doesnt seem to do anything but i will go a head and check voltage
Old 21-12-17, 01:53 PM   #5

okay tried re connecting everything again as per instruction menu, when i press lock / unlock on the remote fob i can hear some noise coming from door motor (with door shut) but still does not lock/unlock, i am wondering if there are more wires to be connected to the kit, I am sure this is something that can be done but still wanting to know how.

Last edited by rsaha; 21-12-17 at 01:59 PM. Reason: picture
Old 21-12-17, 01:59 PM   #6

IMG_0644_zpsawlgljrz.jpg Photo by performancevw | Photobucket
Old 21-12-17, 03:28 PM   #7

Quote:
okay tried re connecting everything again as per instruction menu, when i press lock / unlock on the remote fob i can hear some noise coming from door motor (with door shut) but still does not lock/unlock, i am wondering if there are more wires to be connected to the kit, I am sure this is something that can be done but still wanting to know how.
you neew to test if the wires on the car are +12 or -12v wires once you know that then you need to make sure that the wires on the unit you are fitting are the same
Old 21-12-17, 03:37 PM   #8

They are 12positive and have already tried connecting correct wires at correct location, will try a different diagram connection for electric locking, i am sure the existing factory locking is not pneumatic,

So from the kit:

Orange - switch on the dash
Orange/black - switch on the dash
White - lock green wire from door
White/black - unlock blue wire from door
Yellow and yellow/black - 12v+

Red 12+
Black ground

Will see if this works
Old 24-12-17, 09:24 AM   #9

OK after a bit of fiddling i have found out that -

green = lock
blue = unlock

when i trace the above 2 wires all the way to the door pillar connector (wires in door hinge rubber boot), blue and green does not exist in there. possibly changed colours once they are out of the door into the round connector

Does anyone know what colour wires are for locking / unlocking on BSI?

maybe the aftermarket kit needs to be connected to wires in bsi to locl/unlock and not the door wires (green/blue) for lock/unlock

cheers
Old 21-08-18, 02:40 AM   #10

Did you figure this out?

I have a 2007 I am trying to do the same but now it seems the driver door connetor has failed after removing it from socket on latch.

How did you establish the function of green and blue wires if you can not use them to lock/unlock?

Wouldn't it be easier to mount the lock/unlock unit in the door? That is what I had planned.

I figure one of those wires in the door probably carries 12V
markosjal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in