Partner electric window mystery - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Partner
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-07-18, 05:38 PM   #1

Default Partner electric window mystery

Hi all, first post so will try and give as much info as possible.
I have a 2010 Partner Van 1.6 HDI 90 and have a mystery regarding the electric windows.
The drivers side works fine and as it should...... until the passenger window switch is used and then it trips out. After restarting the engine the drivers window works fine again.
The passenger window was working intermittently over the course of about a week, with a restart of the engine seemingly “resetting” it but now it has stopped working altogether and as I said, operating the button trips the drivers window.
Have tried the BSI reboot to no avail and an auto electrician tested the regulator socket in the door and went away baffled.
Sorry the post is a bit long but any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Grimbarian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-07-18, 10:42 PM   #2

Broken/shorting wires in the door post is causing this a decent auto electrician should know that !!

when the BSI sees a short it switches off the offending circuit to avoid fire risks
Grimbarian likes this.
Old 28-07-18, 02:59 PM   #3

Default If you want something doing .........

Thanks for the reply reliable406, just on way to buy panel removing tool and see if I can find the offending wire(s). Not heard any more from the auto electrician so he either didn’t fancy doing the job or he couldn’t/ didn’t deduce the cause of the fault from an hour of testing ! I would rather he had said if he couldn’t be bothered to do it instead of me waiting a week for him to get back to me, not answering texts either - oh well, if you want something doing eh !

Old 28-07-18, 03:07 PM   #4

No need to remove panel its the wires that go from the door frame into the body that break inside the rubber cover peel back the cover and you will see but its most likely the drivers side the problem is at not passenger side. as the drivers door is opened more
Old 28-07-18, 05:11 PM   #5

I will check both sides just for pig iron although the drivers side is working fine. Needed the panel removing tools to be able to reinstall the glass into the regulator if I get it working again - glass was taken out of regulator and wedged up to secure the vehicle by auto electrician.
Old 28-07-18, 09:41 PM   #6

You dont understand ALL the wires for both windows go to drivers door and its these ones that break rendering passenger side useless
Old 29-07-18, 09:00 AM   #7

Even though the window switches are on the centre consol, above the gear stick ? There is only a single switch for each window on the centre consol, no switches at all on either door.
Old 29-07-18, 12:50 PM   #8

Sorry i was forgetting partners dont have the switches in the door like every other peugeot

I should know i have 1 here !
Old 29-07-18, 02:31 PM   #9

No worries, I appreciate your suggestion re the door post. Now have the panels off the inside of the passenger door but rain has stopped play before I got a chance to look for the broken wire. I am of the opinion that the fact the window switches are on the centre consol should have made it easier for the auto electrician to find/pinpoint the cause of the problem but, hey-ho won’t be recommending him to anyone.
Old 29-07-18, 10:11 PM   #10

Windows are not wired directly to the switches on modern cars the switches are wired to the BSI and send signals to relays inside the BSI and the relays then switch the power to the window motors its a more complicated circuit than it needs to be !

Is your motor a 2 pin plug or does it have a small unit with 6 wires fitted to it ?
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in