Partner electric window conundrum - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Partner
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-04-18, 01:43 PM   #1

Default Partner electric window conundrum

Hey guys first post! I have a bit of a problem with my Partner/Berlingo crossbreed van. My friend had a similar model Berlingo than my Partner is (2004 facelift) before it's engine grenaded so I poached the front doors off it to get power windows. I however didn't take the ECM unit as I was not aware of it at the time and the car has since gone to the boneyard. So I set off building the whole system from scratch, fitted a wire straight from the battery to the dash, fitted a five pin switch that is rated for 20amp so I don't need to put any relays in between, found the plug glued into the inside of the dash under the steering column and cut the wires going to the motor (pink+white) which I then connected to the five pin switch. So basically I am feeding the window motor straight battery power but still it's not making an eep. The window was working right before I took the doors so I'm assuming the motor should work. Is there some trigger switch somewhere that prevents the window from squishing at closing/opening that I'm just not finding, or has the motor decided to break on it's own? It's not sticking as I'm not getting any life from the motor, and when measured from the plug at the motor I'm getting +/-12v depending on whether I'm pressing up or down.

What am I missing?! I'm well and truly stumped...
Postman Matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-04-18, 06:32 PM   #2

Oh and one more question: can the window be detached from the lifter mechanism while being stuck at fully closed?
Old 27-04-18, 07:32 PM   #3

To answer myself... No. And I'm pretty convinced the motor indeed is seized even though it was working just weeks prior. New mechanism with motor ordered, should arrive tomorrow. Either I get confirmation that the old motor is funked or I have a spare in the shelf and a problem to solve...

Old 29-04-18, 07:21 PM   #4

Fault located, motor connector. Everything`s working now.
Old 30-04-18, 10:40 AM   #5

Glad we could help!.

But you may well have helped someone who comes across a similar problem.

Roger.
Old 30-04-18, 10:49 PM   #6

For future generations:

What exactly happened was I had power to the motor connector but it didn`t seem to be transferring into the motor itself. Here`s a post I wrote to another forum in a rather agitated state, if it`s too much for here mods feel free to clean it up/ delete:

Quote:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!

Fault located, not a dang thing wrong with the motor, apart from the Frenchies twisted sense of humor!

Apparently in the connector going to the motor, there are two metal contactors. Both these contactors seem to have a teeny tiny spring loaded leaf that presses on the teeny tiny pin in the motor side connector. APPARENTLY, if you shove a multimeter prong into this connector, the spring loaded leaf LOCKS OPEN! I took apart the connector, gave the teeny tiny spring loaded leaves a teeny tiny prod from the opening on top of them, heard two teeny tiny clicks, put everything back together and the frikkin thing works like nothing! So yea apparently I just got trolled by the frenchies...

Oh btw I now own a brand new motored window regulator mechanism fresh out the box... Guess it doesn't hurt to have a spare but still... Ffffff...
Old 01-05-18, 07:28 PM   #7

Those trouble makers Teeny & Tiny should get a slap and learn how to behave.

Roger.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in