Partner 2.0 hdi fuel issues - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Partner
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-10-17, 06:24 PM   #1

Default Partner 2.0 hdi fuel issues

Hello, I'm new to this forum, so please bear with me while I outline the problem I'm having with my 2001 Partner 2.0 hdi (Bosch fuel system. It started 2+ years ago but its not my daily drive so I have put-up with it but am getting fed-up now.
Van took a couple of turns to fire one day after work which was unusual, drove home 13 miles, parked next morning wouldn't start, left it, tried for several days, no good, got a diagnostic guy to look, he said no fuel pressure, need new in-tank pump, fitted all good for a few weeks the on way to work, cut out after 6 miles, left it a couple on minutes started, off I goes, next day 5 miles in cut out, left it and started again. this went on for a while till I got fed up again, stood it for a few months, went back to it, still had the cutting out, noticed it seemed to be on the 'over-run' i.e when you let the throttle off for a junction etc. someone suggested fuel filter, so I changed the whole housing complete. Success, or so I thought, it was ok for some time but then had the problem again, tried various things, the double injection relay to no avail, tried another fuel filter complete, great, for a while!!! Back with the same problem, I have just tried the fuel pressure regulator on the pump itself, no better.
I have heard the in-tank pump 'buzzing' when you first turn the key, trouble is you don't listen the time it doesn't start!!!
I know i should just give up on it and let someone else have the aggro, but I just can't! I might sound like a total novice, actually I'm no longer in the trade but am an 'old school' truck mechanic, too long in the tooth to retrain on the modern 'high tech' stuff.
Anybody with any thoughts much appreciated. thanks
clarence1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-10-17, 07:51 PM   #2

Would be best if you can get live readings done while you are cranking using PP2000 [do not use a generic code reader].
Check the map for someone near you.. https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...net-map-21730/

In case you want to PM someone.. https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...fore-pm-72601/
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-10-17, 06:29 PM   #3

Default Planet availability

Hi, I'm based in Swanage, having posted 20 times and found that there is planet gismo available within 80+ miles of me, any more suggestions gratefully received, thanks

Old 30-10-17, 06:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence1960 View Post
Hi, I'm based in Swanage, having posted 20 times and found that there is planet gismo available within 80+ miles of me, any more suggestions gratefully received, thanks
Ill ask in my FB page I know there's a couple of guys in Bournemouth area with planet.

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-10-17, 06:47 PM   #5

You could always buy yourself your own diagnostic setup like this and do it yourself.. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PP2000-FU....c100506.m3226

P.S. it is never too late for an old dog to learn new tricks!

Last edited by WillNZ; 30-10-17 at 06:50 PM.
Old 30-10-17, 10:43 PM   #6

Hi trem1, many thanks for that, I'll keep my fingers crossed!
WillNZ I appreciate the sentiments! also I clicked the link, and am a bit confused, would I be right the kit shown plugs into the vehicle, and then you plug it into a laptop?? See what I mean about 'old dog'!!!
Old 30-10-17, 11:02 PM   #7

Yes, it plugs into a laptop. You have to load the software into the laptop which can be a trying exercise, but sometimes goes in first time if you carefully follow the instructions.

I am an old dog [60+++] and have somewhat managed to keep up with all this new fangled goo with a bit of help from my tech savvy young nephew who is a computer wizz
Old 31-10-17, 10:32 PM   #8

thanks for that WillNZ, I think I'll go ahead and get me one of those, this things got so wound-up now and I won't be beat!!
Old 04-12-17, 08:19 PM   #9

WillNZ or anyone that can help PLEASE, well I finally got round to getting my planet and eventually managed to install it!!
Now the fun begins!
When I try and run the thing, i get thru brand selection ok peugeot
model selection ok partner
variant (mine is the original one)
The next screen is Diagbox or planet,(*1)
If I select diagbox it just times out for a couple of seconds and stays there,
if I select planet it goes on to the next screen calling for the DAM, now I've since discovered what this is and for my van the number is 08857, when i type this in, it times out for a couple of seconds then goes back to the screen as in (*1) above. i.e I can't get past the DAM, ( I have tried different numbers as advised on this and other sites)
Any clues anyone?
Old 04-12-17, 08:41 PM   #10

By the way I meant to say, the reason I'm using the planet is to try and get to the bottom of a problem with my 2.0 hdi that sometimes won't start, go back to it again after say 10-20 mins and starts!, Also it will cut out sometimes, it seems to happen on the overrun!!
I read on here I think, about disconnecting the electrical connector at the pump which disengages the third piston in the pump (am I right this is supposed to restrict the pressure when less fuel is required?) anyway it does seem to be behaving itself a bit better! ( there I've gone and jinxed it now!)
Could this be something or just a coincidence?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in