European instrument cluster odometer conversion (km->miles) - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Partner
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-09-17, 07:51 PM   #1

Default European instrument cluster odometer conversion (km->miles)

Hi All,

I have a Peugeot Partner (M59 2007, 1.6HDI, 9HXC, no fap/dpf) and the car is UK registered, bought and current instrument cluster reads in miles.
To cut the story short, I want to retrofit a cruise control and the only option is to upgrade the instrument cluster. The instrument cluster that has the LCD for cruise I can only buy it from continental Europe, nowhere to be found in the UK. The odometer of this new donor instrument cluster reads in kilometers, not in miles, but I want it to read in miles, it is just neater. The new donor cluster has fewer miles than my current mileage, so it should not be a problem with the overall mileage.

I would really appreciate if anyone can shed a light on the questions below.

When I put the European cluster on the car, what will be displayed, kilometers or miles? The question is probably where does the conversion happen, the cluster or BSI. I suppose the distance/speed is recorded as revolutions of the wheel, but somewhere the conversion happens.

If the odometer displays kilometers, can I change this with PP2000. I could not really find this option anywhere on my current one. My question is, is this hard coded in the instrument cluster at the production line or it is configurable.

If it is of any help the donor cluster is 6105X5 (9657951680).

Many thanks indeed for any help with this.
saskak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-09-17, 07:53 PM   #2

Put it in the wrong thread!
Old 30-09-17, 09:11 AM   #3

What model & year is it ??

All my Peugeots have the option to change the display between Km or miles in the central MFD.

Not all cars can display the set speed in the cluster. My 2004 307 couldn't. It would display the set speed but cruise didn't work with that option. It would only work if cruise was set to an option that didn't display the set speed.

From what I've seen, if the car is VAN or VAN/CAN it doesn't display but full CAN does.

Not having it display the speed for me isn't a big deal as the speedo tells you what speed the cruise control is set to. The car I have now does display the set speed but I rarely use it. I go off the speedo position to set my cruise control.

You could find a cluster in a scrap yard but you run the risk of increasing the mileage display in your car if the donor car has a higher mileage than yours.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 30-09-17, 10:04 AM   #4

It is a Peugeot Partner II (M59, 2007, 1.6hdi, 9HXC engine 90bhp, no fap/dpf). I bought the European cluster and replaced it. Set the Cruise option 2 with display and it worked straight away. Cruise holds speed and everything works. Only thing is that the odometer is in kilometers and the small cruise display shows km/h. The donor cluster had fewer miles, so the overall mileage did not change.

My car came with EMF A and I replaced that with one from Citroen C5 (3 lines, EMF B). I can change the measurement units on the multifinctional display, but that does not change the odometer reading. It could potentially be that if a display that was designed for my car will be able to change the odometer, but it is a long shot and I cannot find it anywhere to buy it.

The BSI records in miles, as swapping the old (UK) cluster it shows miles and the new one in kilometers. I assume this is hard coded in the cluster at the factory.

I also could not find anywhere in PP2000 to change in miles.

Last edited by saskak; 30-09-17 at 10:07 AM. Reason: small correction
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in