2008 partner 1.6hdi cutting out.. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Partner
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Pluggit
  • 1 Post By Pluggit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-12-18, 09:12 AM   #1

Default 2008 partner 1.6hdi cutting out..

Discussed this a couple of weeks ago and still no nearer a conclusion.Done all the obvious stuff,connectors etc and used my OBD2. Been advised to have a Planet session to look a bit deeper into it. Im pretty well up on electronics and computer literate so thought it may be more cost effective to get a diagnostics kit - why pay the same for one garage session when I can have the facility for as long as I keep the van!

What would I be looking to get if I were to browse an auction site and would something from that site that may be chinese based be capable of doing the job - Ive seen kits from around 54. Any one with any experience of these?
Pluggit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-19, 03:21 PM   #2

After much head scratching and a Planet diag(which showed little was amiss with the engine - nice to know with a 150k block..) .. it was the Crank-sensor connector. I had the connector apart last week and cleaned it out but the problem persisted. Today I did the one thing that I know I should have done weeks ago and that was to waggle the plug whilst the engine was running. And there you go.. it did it on demand, every time. All it is is a slight bad contact on what are now worn connectors. Those plugs also rely on a snug fit within the socket which is provided by the sealing strip. that had come loose which allowed play in the plug/socket. It is also a 90 degree connector and it isnt potted so the cable can move around in the boot. I filled that with compound and stopped the movement. Should be ok now. The moral of this story is, in 99% of the time its the most simplest of things that cause some of the biggest problems and its always a tendency to over-complicate and blame the electronics when they are pretty much the most reliable part of the machine..
Gibbo likes this.
Old 09-01-19, 03:25 PM   #3

Thanks for taking the time to report the fault and how you rectified it...I'm sure it will help others...Well done...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007.. 407swgt...2018..3008 1.6 thp gt line auto...owned most models since 1985...phew..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
noddy-hol is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-19, 04:04 PM   #4

Many years ago I was a young engineer in the Oil industry and spent 4 hours pulling an ROV apart, causing 6 hours of vessel down-time in a force 8 storm only to be asked jokingly by my senior engineer " you did check the mains fuse didnt you Chris". He went away and I then I checked what I should have checked 4 hours previously. It had indeed blown.

Some people learn the hard way.

Keep it simple because it usually is..
sattans likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in