Advice on how much to sell a 504 1982 model. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Older Models
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-07-19, 11:46 AM   #1

Default Advice on how much to sell a 504 1982 model.

We have a family 8 seater peugeot estate in need of some TLC and a head gasket! We have loads of spares and all the paper work as we are the sole owners from new.We have it advertised on various sites such as auto trader, exchange and mart,club peugeot, and are asking for sensible offers as we have no idea what to sell it for!Can anyone advise us on a rough price we should expect to sell it for??
bestman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-07-19, 08:56 PM   #2

It will be worth much more if you fix the head gasket and can offer it in ready for use condition.
As to what it is worth, I'm afraid not much. It is rare, certainly, but not in much demand.
A pristine example might get a four figure sum, but "In need of some tlc" will have most potential buyers passing on this one.
How much tlc do you mean?, serious rust, bad paint, or a rotten interior might mean you have a parts car.
Honestly, I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but giving you my opinion.

Roger.
Old 30-07-19, 08:47 AM   #3

Default Peugeot 504 - Family Estate - 2304cc - Tropical Specification - Sole owner

Hi Rusty Roger,Thank you for your advice it was much appreciated..I would be very grateful if you could look at our adverts on either exchange and mart or autotrader because we think its a car worth saving.The interior is in extremely good condition and there is some surface rust but it can be rectified.We have lots of spares for it and paperwork plus original brochures and manuals.
The photos do not do it justice...we took them before a clean up.!
Thank you in anticipation.
bestman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 30-07-19, 07:40 PM   #4

The africans will still give you good money for it
Old 04-08-19, 08:08 PM   #5

I did take a look at the advert.
I don't wish to be rude, but rusty scabs all over the car and doors rotted out is more than just "surface rust".
Really you have a parts car, if you could find replacement doors (forget about fixing the ones on it) sorting out the rust and repairing the engine (You sure it's just a blown head gasket?) will cost much more than the car would be worth.

Like Reliable says, maybe offering it for sale to Africa might be your best bet. I have no idea how to go about doing that though.

Roger.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in