Windscreen insurance advice - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-05-13, 01:32 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Windscreen insurance advice

I have these awful spots on my windscreen, little bit pale white. I have tried everything under the sun on both sides of the glass and they are not budging.
Never seen anything like it...

I want the windscreen replaced, does anyone know how much this will cost me. And how much it will cost me going through my insurance, will it affect my no claims at all...
daffyduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-05-13, 02:23 PM   #2

If you're fully comp then you just pay your excess, which can be 60 or 75 or whatever your policy dictates.

It doesn't affect your car's no claims bonus.

I'm not sure if the windscreen companies would replace it under insurance cover though.
Old 16-05-13, 03:24 PM   #3
Inactive User

using past experiances with a broken windscreen, i phoned the number in the policy book for windscreens. Quoted my insurance number, the problem and said it will cost 50for excess.... You agree a few days later autoglass or someone comes out and replaces.

If they ask say you were following a van carrying rubble and a stone fell out. You tried to avoid and stone smacked your windscreen...that being said hit it once near the bottom with an object (not a hammer) as it will leave a perfectly round impact lol

EDIT: that being said, smashing a spark plug ceramic and using a small bit of the debris, bounce of your windscreen...that will do it...i didnt beleive my mate that something so small can do soo much damage to glass...i was wrong...it obliterated the window he used lol

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 16-05-13, 04:59 PM   #4
Inactive User

My excess is set at 500...makes your insurance cheaper. Does that mean i am going to have to fork out all of the windscreen replacement...

My insurance was just renewed last month, I was going to take out windscreen cover but I didnt follow it through, got paranoid...lol.
Old 16-05-13, 05:20 PM   #5
Inactive User

It should have somewhere on your policy (if fully comp) something about glass and its excess...

I would ring your insurer and ask about getting it and waiting say 4 month before doing out.

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-05-13, 07:39 PM   #6
Inactive User

it varies massivley (as with most crap with insurance)

my excess is only a tenner if i have the screen repaired and replacement costa me 25
damper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-05-13, 08:17 PM   #7

When I was with Admiral, chips were 25 and windscreen replacement was 100. My excess was 250.

Glass usually has different numbers attached to it than the accident excess.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-05-13, 12:55 PM   #8
Inactive User

Cheers for this guys. So are you all basing this on me getting a crack in my windscreen........or will I be fine just going through the procedure with these spots....
Old 17-05-13, 01:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffyduck View Post
Cheers for this guys. So are you all basing this on me getting a crack in my windscreen........or will I be fine just going through the procedure with these spots....
Can you try (Hard i know) to get a photo of the offending spots ??? might give us a better clue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-05-13, 01:41 PM   #10
pr1vatepiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffyduck View Post
My excess is set at 500...makes your insurance cheaper. Does that mean i am going to have to fork out all of the windscreen replacement...

My insurance was just renewed last month, I was going to take out windscreen cover but I didnt follow it through, got paranoid...lol.
As said, check your book, mine is under 100 for a windscreen claim.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in