Virgin Media Deal - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-03-16, 09:11 PM   #1

Lightbulb Virgin Media Deal

As I work for VM, I thought I can help some fellow members of this forum.

If anyone want's to get a great Virgin Media deal, I can offer Mates Rates to anyone that want's it. You will need to live in a cabled area and be a new customer. Anyone interested please send me a PM.

If your not sure that you live in a cabled area you can check here: http://store.virginmedia.com/check-your-postcode
Advertisement

Old 01-04-16, 09:49 AM   #2

I've just moved to a non cabled area, and they charged me a 150 early disconnection fee so they're not in my good books at the moment.

I wouldn't mind, but I've been a customer since 1999, way back when it was Telewest.
Old 01-04-16, 10:38 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
I've just moved to a non cabled area, and they charged me a 150 early disconnection fee so they're not in my good books at the moment.

I wouldn't mind, but I've been a customer since 1999, way back when it was Telewest.
yep i agree Gibbo like this post they are only interested in NEW customers. like you we've been with them since the start.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-16, 11:20 AM   #4

I have also had bad experience with them. I called to enquire if I could get it in my area and the cost. Didn't commit to anything. Next thing I have a letter come telling me the date they are coming to install it. Went with plus net in the end and haven't looked back since.
pauls0701 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-16, 11:24 AM   #5

I would love to have it, only im in Milton Keynes where cable no longer exists.

They have however now got massive posters on every other bus stop in Milton Keynes at the moment advertising 200mb fibre...

Kinda seems like a waste of money advertising here lol!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PaulMillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-16, 05:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post

I know of someone that happened too it was a few years ago and he got off of the payment.

He stated that the contract worked both ways he wanted to continue with Virgin and for them to provide a feed at his new house.

As it was in a non cable area they said they could not supply so he said they were in breach of contact see you in court if you want the money they agreed to terminate with non charges
trem1 and trustme like this.
Old 01-04-16, 09:03 PM   #7

Paur, I know VM has fiber in MK but I don't know why they don't have a network. something to do with the council not letting them dig up the roads..

Gibbo, I personally wouldn't move anywhere that doesn't have VM, I'm sorry you had to pay to get out of your contract, but like any contract you agreed with it. Once again it's personal preferance as the broadband is so good and nowadays you rely on it.

Offer is still available to anyone interested.
Old 02-04-16, 11:18 AM   #8

Thanks for the offer but I'll politely decline!

I got cable when it was NYNEX and the service was pretty good then eventually along came Virgin. Virgin Media screwed me something rotten back when high speed broadband was 40 meg. I was paying through the nose and being permanently throttled at 6 meg. I cancelled and went to sky. With sky's ADSL I was getting faster speeds of 7.5 meg (best I can get on ADSL) than I was getting off Virgin's 40 meg cable.

When I decided to leave Sky I contacted Virging and agreed a price for a package, they sent me a contract to sign which was a higher monthly cost than agreed. I contacted them and they said they had made a mistake and would send a new contract with the agrred costs. The new contract arrived and was identical to the original so I rang them and told them to forget it. If they think they can screw you before you sign the contract then what will they get up to when you are tied to them for two years.

Virgin Media is not a company I would trust and would never entertain signing up with them ever again even if they gave it all for free. I'll stick with BT Infinity 2. Only 70 meg but more than fast enough to support my downloading/streaming on my pc, streaming Netflix/Amazon Prime HD content to the TV and also 3 smartphones, two ipods, a tablet and two laptops all connecting to the internet at the same time. Plus BT's prices are better as most of what Virgin & sky charge for I never use and BT's customer service far outshines Virgin Media's which or me is what I pay the money for.

Last edited by storeman; 02-04-16 at 11:21 AM.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-16, 08:53 AM   #9

Been with Virgin for ages since they started upgrading everything been having nothing but problems

I ring up every month to get compensation for high utilisation faults which has been going on for 4 months now and the fix date keeps getting moved
Old 19-06-16, 09:14 PM   #10

I helped a couple of members on the forum get a really good discount so far. Offer is still available.

Also for anyone that has a business and would like to get Virgin Media Business broadband and/or phone, I can reffer them and save them 50 pounds.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in