violant storms in ne - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jmkent

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-06-12, 10:11 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default violant storms in ne

hi folks,

well you may have heard in news or even been a victim of it. well heres my story:

set off in my sisters fiesta to drop her off at work in darlington, travelling from gateshead. this was pretty normal apart from being really humid.

the return journey was a little different though. the A1 came to a standstill at washington services due to flooding, the a194 which i use was a boating lake with a few women and van drivers attempting it, in vain. pretty much the infrastructure failed. the trains stopped, metro stopped and buses everything.

so after 2 hours we turned around and went back to darlington to pick her up from work. took a different route and found the a167 emtpy, through birtley and through low fell was clear...some roads were destroyed and drain lids missing.

heres a video of the storm, this bridge (tyne bridge) is located about 2 miles from my house

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-06-12, 10:43 PM   #2
jmkent

F*****g hell!!!

Now that would make you s**t yourself for sure!!
john_h and trem1 like this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-06-12, 06:22 PM   #3

oh it was fun

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 30-06-12, 01:04 AM   #4
Inactive User

from a normal 1 hour 30 min round trip turned into a 7 hour drive

oh i forgot to mention the other day, i thought i saw you trem, in your office team van. you were on st cuthberts roundabout in darlington...heading towards halfords direction at around 4-5pm...thursday/friday iirc. i was just coming onto the roundabout as you were going off lol you looked pretty angry at someone coming up the inside...maybe a bus?? ....thats if it was you

Last edited by john_h; 30-06-12 at 01:07 AM.
john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-06-12, 09:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_h View Post
from a normal 1 hour 30 min round trip turned into a 7 hour drive

oh i forgot to mention the other day, i thought i saw you trem, in your office team van. you were on st cuthberts roundabout in darlington...heading towards halfords direction at around 4-5pm...thursday/friday iirc. i was just coming onto the roundabout as you were going off lol you looked pretty angry at someone coming up the inside...maybe a bus?? ....thats if it was you
that sounds about right John apart from the time, i'm usually in Darlo till lunchtime-ish, and yea the buses think they own that bit of road. Personally i like pizzing them off on priestgate cos the taxi's always park in the loading bay leaving me nowhere to stop..............so hazard lights on, out i get and the first bus is usually there within seconds blasting his horn...........................i just point at the taxi's and carry on with my business normally back past tkmaxx before i move off

oh and i'm the only officeteam van with a nameplate in the windscreen (mine of course)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in