Vehicle Watch 25+ - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-06-13, 03:16 PM   #1

Default Vehicle Watch 25+

This scheme has recently been launched in North Wales. You sign up, your car details are entered onto a database. In effect, you are giving the police permission to stop your car on the basis that, in their view, it is being driven by someone under 25 years old. If I was stopped on this basis, I'd take it as a compliment.

I registered with a similar scheme when I lived in Bristol - but in that case you gave permission for the police to stop the vehicle if they felt there was a need to.

The local 'Youth Board' around here do not like the scheme because it suggests that younger people are more likely to steal cars. What a load of numpties. It's time to wake up and have a look around at the real world.
clanless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-06-13, 08:47 AM   #2

South Yorkshire Police did this back in the 90's.

You got a fluorescent sticker you put in your rear window and after midnight if the car was on the road the police would stop you. It was supposed to be a deterrent for car theft.

Well, that was the theory. I never got stopped.
Old 17-06-13, 06:08 PM   #3

When I was registered with the Bristol scheme - some little bastards nicked my car. I'm fairly confident that the car was nicked by either dwarfs, midgets or kids - as the seat was as far forward as it would go when I got the car back.

They had tried desperately to remove the sticker - so it must have some effect.

(Note to mod's - bastard is not a swear word)

Old 17-06-13, 06:48 PM   #4
Inactive User

Bastard is actually old english style to say "born out of wedlock" i know my history

Im not entirely fussed if i get pulled over. I just think their doing a job that we pay taxes etc for.

I was walking the streets of darlington at 3am after a party on saturday with a few mates. A lone ranger pulled up and searched us all, i got him laughing though. He said "do the police know you and more to the point do i know you" i said "nah mate im gateshead so you shouldnt know me" to where he said "good point and laughed"...Mind he did stay in the car and searched us using one hand...where if he did a proper search he would of found one of my mates was carrying a multitool with a small blade on his keyrings...dont ask why lol

Another time was during xmas when they do random stop check points and breathalise everyone.

but as said im not that fussed. got nothing to hide or worry about.

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-06-13, 07:00 PM   #5

28 years driving and I've been stopped once. The policeman inspected my car and advised that I check the front tyres daily. I went straight to a tyre fitter to get then replaced.
Old 17-06-13, 07:21 PM   #6
Inactive User

I just remembered i was pulled over whilst driving a bus because i nearly charged a police car, who i will point out as doing well over the 30mph speed limit in a residential zone with no blues or sirens on, into some traffic lights. He tried to argue the toss with me until i quoted highway code and that i got cameras to prove he was driving unprofessionally.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Old 19-06-13, 07:09 AM   #7
chopper1192

No where in law is a dibble bloke required to use strobes or wailers when exercising their lawful exemptions under S.87 of the road traffic act. And no where in law does there have to be an emergency in order to exercise the S87 exemptions, only the requirement that to not do so would unreasonable impede the execution of their duty.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-06-13, 08:42 PM   #8
Inactive User

Haha sounds like thats taken straight from the book lol

Like i say i just pointed cameras out and he just left and drove off...mind he looked in a right state. Jacket and that vest all unzipped, tie and top button undone and just in general looked like a tramp...i just thought it a bit odd at time considering it was winter lol so probs going home

What made it funny to me was when all the folk on the bus started on him as he made them 5 mins late to bingo. Lol

But yeah chopper mate, if you seen it you would say it was ridiculous what he attempted. I was indicating for a good 20 seconds in a non-layby bus stop and i cant see round left hand bends to see if anyone is speeding round haha he knew i was moving/pulling off but still tried what everyone does...try and get in front of a PSV LGV or HGV.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in