Too Close for Comfort - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-07-14, 03:20 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Too Close for Comfort

I posted on Tuesday under the What Are You Listening To Today? thread and detailed my "Old Gits" playlist, celebrating the fact that Mrs Marchie was out and I could have the volume at full blast.

I'm obviously past the "Saturday Night Fever" safe age - about 2 hours later, I started to suffer severe shortage of breath and a wee bit of chest pain. Returned from hospital 2-3 hours ago after 2 overnight stays, scans, ecg and more blood letting than I count (every bugger from my local GP - to whom I staggered initially - to A&E staff, to ward staff and scanner operators, wanted their own sample for testing or wanted to stick another canula in to flush systems etc), I have been returned to the wild. Blood pressure on admission was 215 - or "close to popping the cork" as the doc put it

The ct scan revealed several blood clots in my lungs (I thought my super fat sod status and general lack of fitness was causing my knackered state) and ankles so now it's 6 months blood thinning tablets and a Dyno Rod contract to rod the arteries to blast the clots away.

Anyone want a rock n roll playlist? One careful owner c/o the rest home for the terminally confused and perpetually knackered

Or, as my former boss (who, ironically, died from a heart attack at the age of 35 in 1984 ...) used to say, "Marchie, don't buy another LP - in your state you might not live to hear the last track ...".
marchie1053 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-07-14, 05:46 PM   #2

WOW Dude That's a serious message about a lifestyle change needed
Time to start trying to live abit longer, hope it doesnt come as too big a shock to your system.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-07-14, 06:15 PM   #3
Ginger Magic

Close call...

Looks like a burst of 'Claxin' injections then maybe 'Warfarin' for life - welcome to the ' I have many blood-clots ' club.

Its not fat people that get clots, its often skinny people with crap circulation..

Hope you get better soon.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 17-07-14, 06:32 PM   #4

Thats serious stuff look after yourself And this Hot spell will not help much
Old 17-07-14, 06:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marchie1053 View Post
I posted on Tuesday under the What Are You Listening To Today? thread and detailed my "Old Gits" playlist, celebrating the fact that Mrs Marchie was out and I could have the volume at full blast.

I'm obviously past the "Saturday Night Fever" safe age - about 2 hours later, I started to suffer severe shortage of breath and a wee bit of chest pain. Returned from hospital 2-3 hours ago after 2 overnight stays, scans, ecg and more blood letting than I count (every bugger from my local GP - to whom I staggered initially - to A&E staff, to ward staff and scanner operators, wanted their own sample for testing or wanted to stick another canula in to flush systems etc), I have been returned to the wild. Blood pressure on admission was 215 - or "close to popping the cork" as the doc put it

The ct scan revealed several blood clots in my lungs (I thought my super fat sod status and general lack of fitness was causing my knackered state) and ankles so now it's 6 months blood thinning tablets and a Dyno Rod contract to rod the arteries to blast the clots away.

Anyone want a rock n roll playlist? One careful owner c/o the rest home for the terminally confused and perpetually knackered

Or, as my former boss (who, ironically, died from a heart attack at the age of 35 in 1984 ...) used to say, "Marchie, don't buy another LP - in your state you might not live to hear the last track ...".
Very best wishes for a speedy and full recovery my friend

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1.6THP GTLine EAT6 Leather+Grip+ACC+O&G+Smart Boot
mooi1uk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-07-14, 07:07 PM   #6
Inactive User

Thanks, Moo.

Mrs Marchie will keep me on the straight and narrow
mooi1uk likes this.
Old 17-07-14, 07:53 PM   #7

Look after yourself. Glad to hear they set you free with some meds. Don't take up too much exercise - I know a few people who are keep fit freaks and in worse condition that a 40 a day smoker who eats nothing but junk food.

storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-07-14, 08:11 PM   #8
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by storeman View Post
Look after yourself. Glad to hear they set you free with some meds. Don't take up too much exercise - I know a few people who are keep fit freaks and in worse condition that a 40 a day smoker who eats nothing but junk food.
Thanks, Storeman.

The consultant spent more time warning about the need not to do anything too exuberant on the exercise front than he did talking about the treatment.

I had been taking very modest amounts of exercise (walking over the last 4 months and cycling since 2-3 weeks ago) but suspected something was wrong because even with such a low level of activity, I should have seen at least a slight improvement in stamina - but there had been none whatever.

It looks as though some of the clots moved and clogged up the u-bend or similar but it was only on the scan that they were detectable (had a full set of blood tests 6-7 weeks ago after breathing difficulties during house move - "Nothing showing up - probably just tension and muscle strain with the loading/unloading ...").

Still, I live to fight another day - older and wiser (or, at least, better informed). I hope to visit my younger son in Australia in mid-February so I've got a huge incentive to get my health sorted out at a sensible pace.And Mrs Marchie to act as Technical Director/Commandant so all is as good as it can be .
Old 18-07-14, 08:49 AM   #9
Inactive User

Wishing you a careful recovery for the future and take care I know what its like .This time last year I was all ok then August time I had to restrain a prison patient on our unit and ended up tearing the ligaments in my right knee and had to wait until January this year for an operation which was successful and after 10 weeks of work I was able to return . 11 weeks later my doctor sent me for a x-ray and 10 days later I was back in hospital having an urgent full hip replacement and now off again for 12 weeks recovering . We take things for granted too much nowadays , from now on I am going to be selfish and look after my health first and work comes second . Peter
welder1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-07-14, 09:05 AM   #10
pr1vatepiles

Must have been one hell of a playlist to do that to you ha ha.

Hope you are on the mend though
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in