Stupid new laws wanted by Brake - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-11-11, 10:53 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Stupid new laws wanted by Brake

Hi folks, here's another famous john vents moment

i was watching the news tonight on ITV and there was a story about a young lad, 12 year old, who had leukaemia and died from being hit by a speeding driver in sunderland....2 years ago, by a new and young driver.

Well fair does thoughts and feelings go out to the family etc. but now the mother has joined a campaign called brake to "dictate" new drivers. they want:

-a minimum of 1 year learning before test
-2 year probationary period (already in existence)
-stop driving at nights
-stop carrying passengers

well thats the jist i got from the news.

my reply "FUCK OFF" new drivers, young and old have enough to deal with such as high insurance rates, high fuel costs the list goes on.

now if this rule was in existence now and back when i passed my test i would laugh at anyone who tried to stop me.

for example, if i finish work at say 0010am i will be driving home. if a copper pulled me i would tell him to suck my small thing sticking out between my legs and im not walking 3 miles home, carrying money down unlit paths.

in the end of the day its a stupid campaign and would be really pissed off if they actually bring it out.

understandably though there is some young lads out there who drive like tits and deserve everything they get. but i bet thats down to being on mummys and daddys insurance and they dont pay for the car or repairs etc. i drove like a tit and learnt from it. now im classed as a professional driver and drive large amount of passengers around at all time and i find myself being more careful and aware of my surroundings.

but on the other hand young lads get the blame automatically, as everyone stereotypes straight away. from driving the buses ive learnt to never trust women drivers, old people and taxis. women being the worst by far! followed by taxis. old people are just a menace who drive at the same speed as cyclists.

like i say condolances to the family and friends of the victims but ive just aired my opinions above.

Mellkat86 likes this.

Last edited by bettyswollocks; 23-11-11 at 08:19 AM.
john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-11-11, 11:02 PM   #2
Inactive User

Totally agree john h you can have a crash/accident at any speed or age
but do not agree with these headers thinkin their rally drivers there should be a limiter put on all new/young drivers cars. should not be allowed to drive high powered cars.but to stop them driving at night is just stupid
frankie406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-11-11, 11:06 PM   #3
Inactive User

see i can relate to that, but then again why not limit all cars? like lorries and buses etc are all governed...why not the same?

in the end of the day the legal limit is 70mph on motorways (going up to 80mph apparently) so wont it be more economical to limit all cars and safer?

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 22-11-11, 11:28 PM   #4
Inactive User

here in the north of ireland the limit when you pass your test is 45mph but that dont stop them at all there should be something like they have in lorries to record time speed etc etc maybe help in some way until they prove they are a safe driver??
Old 23-11-11, 12:45 AM   #5
Inactive User

Well young blokes are statistically more like to be in, or should I say cause, an accident...

I'd love to see new/probationary drivers put under a curfew - might stop the fart can exhaust crowd waking the dead in the middle of the night.

The new driver speed limit thing in NI is mad though. Do the cops actually enforce it, or is it like learner drivers driving on their own down here? ie. the cops don't seem to care unless there's an accident...

I know there are plenty of shite drivers on the roads - young, old, disabled, black, white, etc etc. That's the reason I'm in favour of more restrictions on new drivers. Teach the new generation of drivers that the sins of the previous generations like drink driving, driving with no insurance, etc aren't on. That little plastic card in your wallet with your photo on it is a privilege, not a right.
Ross_K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-11-11, 12:50 AM   #6
Inactive User

no ross you pass your test you have to display an 'R' plate on front and rear of car means restricted to 45mph for 1 year.so you cant go any faster than that even on motorways.
Old 23-11-11, 08:22 AM   #7

Or in some cases its down with the Looney plates and up with the Rally plates
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-11-11, 10:06 AM   #8
Inactive User

Limit them to cars under 1ltr, rev limiter to 3k, ban exhausts over 1" diameter, only allowed a radio tuned to capital gold limited to 67 decibels for the first 2 years of driving

They're teenagers, f**k em
Mellkat86 likes this.
danthevan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-11-11, 10:41 AM   #9
Inactive User

Exclamation john h

lucky for you then theres no law for not driveing at night and you have not just passed your test because if you said (suck my small thing sticking out )etc to a serving police man in his line of duty you would not be driveing or walking home but goeing for a drive in a nice police car to met a not very nice and costly legal system.think it by all means but when stoped by police they are allways in the right even if they are wrong.
davidphilips is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-11-11, 12:37 PM   #10
Inactive User

We had similar system put in place in Serbia last year, 1yr probation, 6m learning and no driving after 23:00, no driving alone - must be accompanied by a person who had drivers licence for atleast 5 years. and thats not just for young drivers, but for any driver who get the drivers licence first time. im feeling very lucky for getting mine just few months before that took effect.
battlestar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in