sold car on ebay now buyer wants money. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-03-15, 10:44 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default sold car on ebay now buyer wants money.

Hi all. Ive been around a while and had very good responses. Now I dont need technical advice I need direction.

I listed it on ebay, fsh in great shape, new tyres and just serviced etc etc. The guy was here for hours. We went over everything on car and paperwork. He was here 4hrs!!. Due to new taxing laws I test drove the car on the road but did offer him a go around the estate but he declined. Some faults like bulbs were picked up on but were replaced. Then he purchased the car. There was nothing wrong with the car at the point of sale or before. I told him as I had put in the listing that im no garage so the car was sold as seen. I also stated because he lived a 5hr drive away this would complicate things if I were to garauntee anything, so I said Sold as Seen.

Anyway he now says the car broke down 3 times and he wants some money back. He bought it under market value as it was but thats online auctions. I told him several times if he was not hapy leave it here and dont buy it. Im not sure what to do or where I stand legally. The car was perfect before and during the sale. Im not sure if he has thrashed it to cause a problem or get home quicker????

I would like any advice as to where I stand

thanks
vic
Trikeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-03-15, 12:03 PM   #2

Caveat Emptor - buyer beware!.
Unless you are a dealer, or misled the buyer (eg told him it was a different engine size or model), then you have no liability.
Be firm but polite, tell the buyer you are not responsible for the car once he took possession of it.

Roger.
Old 19-03-15, 12:07 PM   #3
Inactive User

legally:

you have nothing to worry about, from the sound of it he's a chancer who's trying it on. You don't have to give him any money and he cannot do anything legally to hold you liable for anything. As you say "sold as seen" as soon as he signed those papers and took ownership any problems that car had were his, not yours!

My advice, ignore him. Or if you're anything like me tell him politely to f**k off or you'll report him for harassment!

Old 19-03-15, 12:39 PM   #4

If he paid cash largely agree with the others if he paid via paypal he may reverse payment so more to be concerned about

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
border_all is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-03-15, 12:49 PM   #5
Inactive User

If he signed paperwork stating "sold as seen" he can't do anything

Adam,

Peugeot 307sw 2002 1.6 petrol
Argrdnr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-03-15, 01:05 PM   #6

Agree with all above, he's trying it on and using distance as an excuse.

As a goodwill gesture you could point him in the direction of the planet map to get a local member to do a diagnostic. It may call his bluff.
Old 19-03-15, 01:11 PM   #7

'Sold as seen' means exactly that, you gave him the opportunity to drive test the vehicle which he declined, he's signed the paperwork as acceptable
(I'm assuming there was paperwork exchanged), in those circumstances he's no comeback on you...

If it were a Paypal payment, which it sounds like it wasn't, he would need to justify the reason to Paypal for the reversing of the payment....
Barrowman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-03-15, 01:52 PM   #8
Inactive User

Yes he paid cash and he produced the reciept which was my write up on ebay and added a few things to which nothing was assumed or promised in the for of warranty. In fact I told him numerous times in the 4hrs if you not happy dont buy it. He asked me to warranty it for the home journey but again I said no.

I knew that car like my own body ( look at some of my threads) I know in my heart she never stopped 3 times. At the most he may have had an anti pollution issue which as it turned out was a "regen". He is threatening legal action now..

Ironically he bid 3100 so i legally had to sell then I get call from man offering 3750 cash #@$#@$=$__&&%// sorry!!!!
Trikeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-03-15, 02:16 PM   #9
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikeman View Post
Yes he paid cash and he produced the reciept which was my write up on ebay and added a few things to which nothing was assumed or promised in the for of warranty. In fact I told him numerous times in the 4hrs if you not happy dont buy it. He asked me to warranty it for the home journey but again I said no.

I knew that car like my own body ( look at some of my threads) I know in my heart she never stopped 3 times. At the most he may have had an anti pollution issue which as it turned out was a "regen". He is threatening legal action now..

Ironically he bid 3100 so i legally had to sell then I get call from man offering 3750 cash #@$#@$=$__&&%// sorry!!!!
tell him to take legal action then, not sure what he thinks he will do when he turns up in court with a receipt that states sold as seen on it and then tries to convince the court he's been mislead
Old 19-03-15, 04:39 PM   #10

I agree with Lazy_Dave - let him take you to court, as if he would anyway unless he's a total moron, he knows he hasn't a leg to stand on.

Be interesting to know just how much he was expecting you to refund him - 3k perhaps..
Barrowman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in