Slow Traffic On Forum. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree11Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-02-17, 08:13 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Slow Traffic On Forum.

I hope no one minds me saying this, but this forum seem so have very few posting and many just reading posts. Seems a shame as i would have thought a Peugeot Forum would be more popular and full of banter than this?
tele1962 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-02-17, 08:31 PM   #2

TBH. most people come to ask questions. Once they have the answers, not come back again.

Then you get the hardened forum users that will still carry on. Issue here is that this is such a big forum, covering a big marque, not forgetting that there are many other peugeot forums out there, that are more geared to a certain user type.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Think outside the box
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
iooi is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 17-02-17, 08:43 PM   #3

Its not a chat room its a knowledge base
storeman likes this.

Old 17-02-17, 09:19 PM   #4

Think you need facebook or twitter more than a forum if you want banter.

storeman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 17-02-17, 10:47 PM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
Its not a chat room its a knowledge base
Quote:
Originally Posted by storeman View Post
Think you need facebook or twitter more than a forum if you want banter.
Couple of strange answers, surely the forum is here for banter and chat on all subjects regarding the Forum Header.

It's a forum like any other, and in that context means that conversion and talk are normal. I am not sure of many forums you are a member of but they all operate in that way. Forums that don't very often become a wasteland of unanswered queries and posts and subjects remaining dormant for months or even years which seem to be happening here.

Couple of examples of how forums work here:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/

http://www.zetaminor.com/roobarb/

https://www.photography-forum.org/

Last edited by tele1962; 17-02-17 at 10:53 PM.
Old 17-02-17, 10:58 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by iooi View Post
TBH. most people come to ask questions. Once they have the answers, not come back again.

Then you get the hardened forum users that will still carry on. Issue here is that this is such a big forum, covering a big marque, not forgetting that there are many other peugeot forums out there, that are more geared to a certain user type.
I think that is part of the problem here, too many subjects. It needs streamlined IMO.

Good example there have been 52 views on this thread since it started yesterday, with only three people bothering to post anything.

Last edited by tele1962; 18-02-17 at 08:08 AM.
Old 18-02-17, 08:08 AM   #7

Every forum is different i use a few different ones and for me this 1 is best i dont need threads about whats the best tv to buy or how to build a wall or all the other stuff you find on some forums i just want car chat and generally this is what you get here.

Just because you dont think it is right does not make it wrong

As has already been said people come get answers and never come back you see the same questions asked over and over again and this is 1 thing that could be addressed with some kind of flowchart type questionare at the start but unless someone wants to make something it wont happen thats the only improvement i can see that would be worthwhile.
Old 18-02-17, 08:17 AM   #8
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
Every forum is different i use a few different ones and for me this 1 is best i dont need threads about whats the best tv to buy or how to build a wall or all the other stuff you find on some forums i just want car chat and generally this is what you get here.

Just because you dont think it is right does not make it wrong

As has already been said people come get answers and never come back you see the same questions asked over and over again and this is 1 thing that could be addressed with some kind of flowchart type questionare at the start but unless someone wants to make something it wont happen thats the only improvement i can see that would be worthwhile.
No one i think is asking about the best TV on a Car talk forum,and i don't think it's wrong, just needs a bit of a shake up, but at least on these forums conversation and interest in the subject is ongoing and interesting, no one is really talking much about cars on here and that is the point of forums to initiate conversations and to air opinions on the subject matter we are interested in etc.

There are just way to many threads, which anyone new to forums will be very off putting, plus the actual lack of conversation makes interest wain in no time at all and very quickly people don't bother.
Old 18-02-17, 08:47 AM   #9

Quote:
I am not sure of many forums you are a member of but they all operate in that way
If you are going to post something then please make sure it is accurate! None of the car forums I have been members of have operated the way you suggest. They have all concentrated on being the source of information for owners to repair their cars and to improve the owner experience. I'm sure their are many forums dedicated to 'banter' but definitely not all forums are. Many forums actively discourage banal banter.

Quote:
I think that is part of the problem here, too many subjects. It needs streamlined IMO.
Just because you feel this way does not mean the vast majority of other members also believe this. The vast majority of active members prefer the format of this forum over other supposedly similar forums for the simple fact that they can get the information they need without having to wade through hundreds of posts about unrelated subjects. There are many well respected members who most of the time only use the forum to halp others resolve their issues through sharing their experience and knowledge of the marque.

Quote:
Good example there have been 52 views on this thread since it started yesterday, with only three people bothering to post anything.
This tends to happen when people do not have the answer to a question, feel that the post is not worth a reply or in the majority of cases the forum adds 1 to the view counter every time a search engine hits a page in one of it's searches. It's likely that the majority of those 52 views you mentioned were from google, bing, ask jeeves, yahoo amongst all the manyt search sites out there.

You not liking the way this forum works doesn't mean all the satisfied members are wrong - it simply means you joined a forum that doesn't fit in with what you want from it - or to put it simply, you joined the wrong forum. On one thread you started regarding the 2008, you recieved banter as a reply and didn't get the joke in the reply. Timothy was likely referencing the Ronnie Corbett character from the sitcom called Sorry! and Rodney is the character in Only fools and Horses. Not the fault of the responder that you can't recognise or understand the banter.

The example forums you linked to are all different types of forum to this one. You don't get an apple when you really want an orange. They are both fruits but totally different to each other. In your mind that would mean the apple isn't behaving the way a fruit should. A light switch does something totally different to a plug socket but they are both electrical accessories. You wouldn't go back to the greengrocers or B & Q complaining there was something wrong with the items because they aren't what you wanted, you would simply change the item for the item you should have got in the first place. The only thing you got right about this forum is the fact you accept it is a forum. If it doesn't suit your needs you should go out and find the one that does fit those needs.
commandosqk likes this.

storeman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 18-02-17, 08:50 AM   #10

Again we are back to its not a chat room

There is plenty of banter as you call it its just that most of the regulars like me have a life too !

This thread has now become a conversation which is exactly what we need is it not ?

There have been some very heated conversations over the years and i have participated in a few.
trem1 likes this.
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in