Shocking customer service - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Old Pug
  • 2 Post By storeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-15, 01:04 PM   #1
Inactive User

Thumbs down Shocking customer service

Hi, I've just Had quite a bad experience involving customer service with my local main dealer, "drivers of Prestatyn" in northern wales. Here goes.......
After buying a '61 plate 3008 only one owner 9000 miles after six days of ownership one of the injectors goes whilst driving down the motorway at rush hour with my wife and 18month old daughter, had to limp back the thirty miles home at 20mph. Phoned Peugeot next day who came and collected the vehicle, an hour or so later rang to confirm the injector had gone. Now here is where the issue starts after receiving no apologies regarding the breakdown I was told that it's a used car so what did I expect!! (Well a little more reliability would be good)
When I asked for a courtesy vehicle I was told the only way to have one was to insure it myself!!!! I explained that this would not be possible after a lot of arguing they agreed to insure me as long as I agreed to pay 500 excess if an accident occurred I reluctantly agreed, not that I'm intending to crash but every time I've required a courtesy vehicle before insurance has never been an issue. And considering the vehicle they sold me broke down after six days I would expect a little more consideration. Now my wife went to collect the courtesy car only to be told it was only insured until sunday(today being Saturday) therefore leaving my wife with no way of getting to work or my daughter to nursery. Peugeot said we should then have time to sort our own insurance I have already told them the vehicle cannot be insured on my policy as I am insured via quote me happy which is purely online and has no phone contact details. I was very pleased with the car when I bought it but in my opinion Peugeot have left me completely in the lurch!!!! Very very very BAD customer service.
And I quote from the warranty agreement.
"Thank you once again for buying your Peugeot 3008 from us and I hope you have many miles of ENJOYABLE, SAFE and RELIABLE motoring"
Hahaha what a joke!!!
Bazza1878 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-15, 06:39 PM   #2

Sorry to hear about your bad experience but it is not Peugeot that has let you down or given bad service but the dealership that has acted this way. Your comments is like saying Samsung (or any other electronics manufacturer) let you down because your TV or other item went wrong shortly after purchase and the shop you bought it from weren't very helpfull or apologetic.

As for being entitled to a courtesy car, well that could be a very debatable point. You don't get a courtesy TV / Kettle / washing machine etc breaks down and has to be taken away for repairs so a courtesy car shouldn't be expected unless it is written into the purchase agreement.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-15, 09:20 PM   #3

Most insurances companies allow the named policy holder to drive any other vehicles not hired to them etc. with the owners consent ! How long does it take to change an injector ? should have been a reasonable quick fix I would have thought.
roybach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-15, 09:54 AM   #4

Two things here. The used car you bought developed a fault (these things can happen),the very next day the Dealer collected it for repair (quite good service).You don't mention if they are repairing the fault under warranty or they are expecting you to pay? so I cant comment.
They have offered you a courtesy car,which is very good of them,the problem for you is that they need you to insure it yourself,which is a reasonable and very sensible request,not poor service.
The insurance of "courtesy cars" is a nightmare.I found it impossible to get cover for my courtesy car that would allow anyone at any time just to jump in it and drive away fully comp`.I got my customers to insure it themselves.As their car was off the road in my care(insured under my motor trade policy) it was just a simple phone call,transferring cover from their car to mine. Everyone did it without complaint,they were happy to be properly insured.
mooi1uk, britinbe and roybach like this.
Old Pug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-09-15, 11:02 AM   #5

An update on the "shocking customer service" would be nice.
Old Pug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-09-15, 12:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Pug View Post
An update on the "shocking customer service" would be nice.
Seems we may have pissed him off a bit by not agreeing with his point of view and decided this isn't the right place to get the sympathy he so greatly desires.
Old Pug and davetech like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in