RAC Parts and labour.. Any good? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Rammers
  • 1 Post By pr1vatepiles
  • 1 Post By rustyroger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-01-15, 06:45 PM   #1
Inactive User

Lightbulb RAC Parts and labour.. Any good?

So I've owned my 207 GT for about a year now. My warranty is almost up and I'm hoping not to be hit with any huge bills in the future. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with car warranties?

Garage Parts and Labour
We'll cover the cost of certain parts and labour to repair your vehicle at the roadside or through the RAC Approved Garage network following a breakdown.
We'll cover you for up to £750 parts and labour, without any excess, if you need garage repairs in an RAC Approved Garage. Your vehicle must be serviced in line with the manufacturer’s guidelines and serviced by a VAT registered garage in the last 12 months. Claims made within the first 14 days are not covered. Excludes claims for damage caused by wear & tear.

I found this on the rac website and it should cost about £150. Too good to be true?
mstevie192 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-01-15, 07:20 PM   #2

The majority of bills you will face will be wear and tear related so not covered.
With that type of thing you need to read the small print as usually there's not much covered, that's what I have found.
I have heard on the grapevine some of their policies don't cover fault finding and let's face it that's what the majority of a non wear and tear bill will be!

Another one I heard was that the bottom end of the engine is covered but not the top, so an engine goes pop and you end up footing the fault finding bill which will be extortionate as you have to use their garage who will pump the prices as its insurance related only to find you have to pay for the full job if it was not part of their small print.

It is only my opinion but I wouldn't entertain an aftermarket warranty, too much is excluded and you will end up in a battle to make them payout. They are in business to make money, just as insurance companies will do anything to get out of paying out, they are the same.

Whatever you decide, read the small print.
mstevie192 likes this.
Old 14-01-15, 09:02 PM   #3
pr1vatepiles

If its like the AA one, pile of crap. If they can argue anything has gone due to fair wear and tear, they wont pay out. Best bet if your worried, keep putting a little aside each month as a car repair fund. If you need it boom its there, if not, well you got a pile of cash lol.
marchie1053 likes this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 15-01-15, 05:53 PM   #4

Stick £150 into a savings account and make sure you keep up with scheduled maintenance. You will be very unlucky to end up out of pocket.

Roger.
marchie1053 likes this.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in