A Project Car - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-12, 05:02 PM   #1
Inactive User

Location: Kingsway, Quedgeley, Gloucestershire/Wolverhampton, Staffordshire
Default A Project Car

I'm looking for maybe a little project car, or a little project to do. I'm not too sure what vehicle would be the easiest to work on, as I'm only looking to really mess about and learn some more. I wouldn't really get it till next year, but I'm scanning through ebay and other listings to see whats out there and for what kind of price.

I was thinking maybe a Fiat Punto, Pug 206 or BMW 3 series.
Mellkat86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-12, 07:15 PM   #2
Inactive User

I have always wanted to do this too.

My dad passed away a few years ago and I remember when I was younger he loved the Rover P6, he quite a few of them and used to treat them better than me mum

I have always had a quick look on Ebay and see you can get some that require work really cheap.

Who knows if I ever see thats pretty local I may chuck a cheeky bid on one. Only good thing would be Jaffa Cakes would be the last thing on the Wifes mind when she goes in the Garage to use the dryer and see's one of them sitting there

Stu
stuart j is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-12, 10:46 AM   #3
Inactive User

As it's a project to play with, I'm assuming it doesn't matter too much if it runs or not?

You can pick up a Rover 200 or even a 25 with HGF (Head Gasket Failure) for a couple of hundred quid. The K-series engine is a doddle to work on, as it's fairly simple with good access in the engine bay, and the parts are readily available (new or from scrappies!) and pretty cheap.

Plus, once fixed, they make a nice drive! The 1.6-litre K-series is probably the best engien of the lot for driveability, although the 1.4 isn't half bad. Had a 1.4-litre MG ZR myself for four years before the 207 we currently have, was a great car to own!

Also, if you can lay your hands on a 25 TD, these start out with around 100bhp as standard, but with a few easy tweaks can see around 130bhp (set of injectors and a decat + air filter) or 150+ bhp with a remap.
Dr.Buck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-12, 11:30 AM   #4

+1 to the Rover 25. I had one, great little car. My bro has the MG version (ZR?) and its great fun to work on.
Old 09-03-12, 12:53 PM   #5
chopper1192

I reckon a 405. Mi16s, Le Mans, Executives etc are virtually worthless so can be bough for pennies. Parts supply is still good, and they're excellent cars to drive, one of the best saloon car chassis of all time. A nice easy resto project, or a late 80s DTM replica in the making.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-12, 06:37 PM   #6
Inactive User

Location: Kingsway, Quedgeley, Gloucestershire/Wolverhampton, Staffordshire

So once I've sorted some finance stuff, save up plenty of pennies and I'll have to have a good look. Cheers for the suggestions, I'll have a look at the suggestions when it comes time to getting one.
Mellkat86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in