Positive for Paypal. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-18, 05:58 PM   #1

Default Positive for Paypal.

A while ago I bought an abs sensor via Paypal.
The part that turned up was useless - the wire had been snipped off.
I got in touch with the seller who prevaricated and wouldn't reply to my emails.

So yesterday I got in touch with Paypal, explained my problem and within 24 hour my money was refunded.
Obviously I'm very happy with this.

Anyone else used Paypal to settle a dispute, either as a buyer or seller?. How was your experience, good bad or indifferent?.

Roger.
Advertisement

Old 03-10-18, 09:47 PM   #2

I have twice disputed purchases and had an instant refund. Both cases were where the seller had not described the item accurately, and it turned out to be sub standard.
Old 03-10-18, 10:27 PM   #3

I ordered a "spacesaver" spare wheel and paid with Paypal. They sent the wrong item. I phoned them and they said "no problem", we'll send you another". They didn't and didn't reply to emails, and gave me a run-around on subsequent phone calls. I complained to Paypal, and got a full refund. I emailed again, asking for them to arrange return of the item - never heard a thing.
IanML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 16-09-19, 02:48 PM   #4

I have ordered a lot of stuff at EBAY.COM (mostly from China and Hongkong) and always payed with PAYPAL and several times the ordered stuff has now showed up (got lost) och sometimes they has sent wrong stuff but I have always got refund via PAYPAL. So I'm very satisfied.
rockbabe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-09-19, 05:13 PM   #5

As a buyer I've had to use Paypal to get things sorted a couple of times. Both times it was sorted without any hassle.

I always use Paypal as it just gives you that little bit more insurance.

I have on one occasion had a case brought against me as a seller, it was for a lower engine mount for a Rover 75 that I sold, and the person who bought it raised the case as they said that the part had gone missing. The first I knew about this was when Paypal got in touch about the case.

I refunded the money immediately. Didn't need a case hanging around.

I chased Royal Mail (who I sent the parcel with), and they refunded so I wasn't too worried. About 3 weeks later, the parcel was returned as the customer hadn't been to collect it!
Old 16-09-19, 08:16 PM   #6

Paypal understand how to sort things out unlike ebay who are very 1 sided buyer is always right even when they are wrong.
i have sold online for many years and i much prefer a paypal dispute as you know it will be dealt with by a person not a computer like ebay.

I have had a few dodgy characters over the years trying to scam me but paypal have always done the right thing.

Ebay just force a refund then when you complain they just say you should account for some losses on ebay they really are out of touch
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in