Plumbers advice needed...maybe work - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-13, 05:41 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Plumbers advice needed...maybe work

Hi folks long time been on. Been stuck on early shifts and falling asleep when i get home.

Well anyways im after some advice and maybe a price.

Basically i want to fit an electric shower that feeds from the bath cold tap. Pipework will need to run from under the taps, length of bath and up the wall. Wires will also need fitting but that shouldn't be too hard as the house has just had a rewire.
Tiling will also need doing but not essential....so any tips, advice or even some ballpark quotes.
Even if you can recommend a plumber from tyne and wear.

I would do it myself but im lazy and dont trust myself...

Oh and even installing an outside tap for a hose pipe might also be on the books

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-13, 05:43 PM   #2
Inactive User

Btw the shower will be self heating the water hence cold feed lol just waiting to say something about cold showers lol

Things like curtain rail i can pick my arse up and do myself as you cant really go wrong with that

Old 10-01-13, 06:13 PM   #3
Inactive User

Default tips

hi it depends on what sort of shower u want and where your water tank is if in loft direct feed what temp shower you want kilowatts from what i can remember the key facts are a 9kw shower or above uses 10mm cable pull cord switch has to be away from shower and all depends on your fuse box as to if you need a rcb with a mcb and shower has to be wired to the fuse box on its own like a cooker not tapped of a light switch which i have seen
deanonew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-13, 06:37 PM   #4
Inactive User

Hi mate thanks for the quick reply im not too sure on where the water tank is...tbh ive been in the loft numerous times and never seen it lol
Im not too sure on this temp thing lol all im after is a shower that gives out hot water at a good pressure.
The fuse box is located in the kitchen which is directly below the bathroom and has been recently renewed with all the wiring in the house. Im sure its a PCB one but there is plenty of space on it for extra connections. I can take photos if required. Thanks again

Old 10-01-13, 06:46 PM   #5
Inactive User

Default hi

hi i was wondering if get good presure from the taps in the bathroom
Old 10-01-13, 07:16 PM   #6
Inactive User

Yeah they are spot on, its like a jet washer on the cold tap

Old 10-01-13, 07:29 PM   #7
Inactive User

Default hi

hi in that case you just need a electric shower standard one not a power shower ect a mira shower is a good shower and i alway use 10mm wire even if you get a 6kw shower as if want to upgrade later all you need to buy is the shower and if fuse box is below shower you will probly need about 30 metres of cable and a shower switch and a bit of piping the biggest out lay will probly be the cable so if you run a bit of cable from switch pull cord to shower and connect up the water supply i try to use the connectors on copper pipe with olives as these tend to seal lovely as all i would do is get someone to connect the pull cord switch to the fuse box save you a small fortune then they can sign it off and check the wiring you have in place
Old 10-01-13, 07:41 PM   #8
Inactive User

Thanks mate ill have look and attempt to price parts and materials etc thanks again

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in