Peugeot Museum?? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-14, 04:08 PM   #1
Inactive User

Question Peugeot Museum??

Anyone know how hard it is to get to the Peugeot Museum in france, from Paris, as I'm going to Paris in November, is there any public transport to and from?

Any other Peugeot Museum's elsewhere? UK?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-07-14, 07:16 PM   #2
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manx Peugeot View Post
Anyone know how hard it is to get to the Peugeot Museum in france, from Paris, as I'm going to Paris in November, is there any public transport to and from?

Any other Peugeot Museum's elsewhere? UK?

Quite hard! The museum is in Sochaux (Alsace-Lorraine?) - on my atlas, it's on the next page from Mulhouse where the Tour de France finished today! It looks to be about 200 miles from Paris so it'll be a long old haul.

Aventure Peugeot Museum, much more than a museum, an adventure is the museum website.

I took a camping holiday in the area about 20 years ago and it has some stunning scenery and wildlife. Stayed in Corcieux, small village, but where 10 villagers were shot on the day before the D Day invasions - quite sobering.

I would take a separate holiday to visit the Museum and enjoy the wildlife, scenery and cycling country. In Paris, I'd visit the Musee d'Orsay, the Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame (all day river bus tickets are excellent) and Sacre Coeur and Arc de Triomphe as a minimum. Easy to spend a month there, travelling by public transport and still leave plenty of other attractions (Palace of Versailles). Worth checking if the 'Mike's Bike Tours' still operates from the southern pillar of the Eiffel Tower - a nice (and not too energetic) way to see the immediate sights over a couple of hours.

Keep an eye open for pickpockets on the underground - I managed to get mugged by 5 North Africans on an escalator at Place Charles de Gaulle Etoile on New Year's Eve - great way to start the celebrations!
marchie1053 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-07-14, 07:49 PM   #3
Inactive User

This sounds like a worth while visit , I am certainly considering a visit sometime but will plan this trip out to coincide with other ideas to visit friends in the area. Peter
welder1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 15-07-14, 03:44 PM   #4

Everyone says the Peugeot Museum is well worth the visit,but its a long drag the other side of France.
I`ve been to this place, MANOIR AUTOMOBILE DU VILLAGE DE LOHEAC
Its a lot nearer to home (and Paris?) Loheac,nr Rennes and is well worth a visit.They had a floor almost dedicated to Peugeot`s,its a huge place in lovely countryside and it has a rally cross circuit next door.
Old Pug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in