Peugeot 206 Central locking problems - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-04-14, 09:00 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Peugeot 206 Central locking problems

Hello, i've been trying to find a useful website to help me sort out the central locking on my Peugeot 206 2000, 1.9 D. I have been told by my local garage that it is the lock mechanism in the drivers door.When either using the key button or the key in the door the car just wont lock, they keep bouncing, it will only lock one door at a time.

So ok, i tried to look at the lock but i cant remove it from the door. I have no clue where to start. Obviously the door panel is first

can any one help with a guide or personal experience or any thing.

Don't know if this is important but before i brought the car the previous owner couldn't get the boot open and the central locking was working on first showing but the next time i went to look and the boot was open but the central locking didn't working.

PLEASE HELP!!!
rileytheman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-04-14, 10:44 PM   #2
Inactive User

A scan with peugeot planet would definitely help diagnose your problem. If you lock the 2 front doors manually then press the lock button on the fob do the pins bounce back up? I had a similar problem that was caused by the microswitch in the boot door catch being knocked out of place. Worth a look just incase

Sent from my C6603 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 19-04-14, 09:43 AM   #3
Inactive User

Hi, thanks for the advice. yes they do bounce up, i lock all the doors with the key in the key hole then i press the button and it unlocks all. The only thing i cant lock is the boot. The only is manually by climbing into the back of the car and locking it through a little flap it has. I was thinking about having a look at the boot lock but im not sure what to look for, i do have another Peugeot 206 which is a year older but i was thinking about trying to compare the 2. Any obvious signs i need to lock for??

Old 19-04-14, 10:14 AM   #4
Inactive User

Do you see the black switch in the middle? It might be stuck or it might have moved out of place. Mine is held in place with a cable tie

Sent from my C6603 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Attached Thumbnails
uploadfromtaptalk1397902285169.jpg  
Old 19-04-14, 06:06 PM   #5
Inactive User

Its a different design. I compared the two peugeots and there is no difference, the parts move the same as each other apart from one stays locked and the other doesn't. I guess it could be the drivers door. Another thing, on the car with the faulty locking, i noticed the passenger door doesn't try to lock any other doors apart from that door but on the other car the central locking is in both doors?

The faulty car is a peugeot 206 LX 1.9 D 2000 and on the one that works its a 206 GLX 1.4 petrol 1999. The older one seems to be more technical than the newer one so maybe that's why it can lock all doors from either driver or passengers door.

So now im thinking the garage is right about it being the drivers door, but i have no clue how to remove the mechanism to have a look and give it a good clean before i buy a new/second hand one?

Any ideas?
Old 21-04-14, 01:49 PM   #6
Inactive User

I've taken of the door panel, undid the screws on the outside and then im stuck, i dont know how to actually take the mechanism out. i know the metal bar that connects the lock to the interior handle has to come of to but i dont know how
Old 21-04-14, 03:47 PM   #7

You might be wise investing in one of these

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-04-14, 03:56 PM   #8
Inactive User

The garage is probably right with the drivers door module being faulty. On my last car i had similar problems to you in that the central locking on the main doors was very erratic and also it would not let me open the boot if it was wet outside or the temperature was freezing. I changed the complete door module in the drivers door and then everything went ok.
steve18gls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-04-14, 04:34 PM   #9
Inactive User

Yeah, i just spent the last 3 hours on the car. I had a crazy thought about looking at the boot latch again as i have previously said that it was working till the boot got stuck, any way, i took that off in a pinch and found nothing wrong but i also realized that the module in the door had a similar idea as the boot, so i took the panel of again and i actually got the module out in one piece. Still have no clue whats wrong though but now i know how it comes off.

My plan is to see if my working Peugeot has the same fittings and wiring as the fault one so i can try the faulty module connection to see if it is at fault before i pay out for something it might not be. In my next post i am going to take pictures and do a step by step because i cant be the only one out there who is researching this type of thing.
Old 21-04-14, 04:43 PM   #10
Inactive User

Bit of a pain to do if i remember.
steve18gls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in