paypal info - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-03-12, 09:24 AM   #1

Default paypal info

story goes, i had a radio on ebay it never sold and there was a guy who wanted to buy it outside of ebay so no fees on my part, so makes a bid on the radio and paypals me the money i send it off to him to Lithuania (had no probs before sending stuff to here not the same buyer) that was two weeks ago,

hes now opened up a case on paypal they have negative balance on my account so i send the buyer a email saying the item was sent two weeks ago and he says hes never got the item, now i did ask him did he want the item tracked ect he said no and wanted the cheaper option so i goes along with this,

what proof does paypal need to know that i have sent the item to him?

thanks
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-03-12, 10:17 AM   #2
Stubbo

First off i'd say a receipt from the post office as proof of posting!

If you are straying outside ebay always force them to accept recorded/signed for, no other option!

Last edited by Stubbo; 28-03-12 at 10:20 AM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-03-12, 10:31 AM   #3
Inactive User

On a normal typical eBay auction, if the buyer opens up a dispute, you have to provide proof the item was delivered not proof of sending.

As it was out of eBay auction, I don't see what come back he has against you...

In future, always request Pay Pal payment as a gift
sialdo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 28-03-12, 02:58 PM   #4

Receipt of postage is not proof , you need tracker number , how i know this is because i just lost a case
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-03-12, 04:35 PM   #5
Stubbo

I never knew that, suppose it makes sense cos you could just post it back to yourself and lie to the buyer

Im afraid in that case then im not sure how this will pan out!
Old 28-03-12, 04:41 PM   #6

I`m down original 25 plus the 6.99 posting it back and when the case closes i`m going to plaster him all over the place ([email protected])
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-03-12, 07:00 PM   #7

This is called internet shop lifting and it's common unfortunately. People we know have closed their business over it. Paypal paid the offenders the money back and closed the case leaving our plaintiffs out of pocket for the goods and postage. This happened once too often. The offenders get the goods and payment for little effort, be warned when sending goods without security

sterion75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-03-12, 08:53 PM   #8
rogersimons

when sending anything online always go recorded delivery its only 95p extra and covers you...
Old 28-03-12, 10:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMax_307 View Post
story goes, i had a radio on ebay it never sold and there was a guy who wanted to buy it outside of ebay so no fees on my part, so makes a bid on the radio and paypals me the money i send it off to him to Lithuania (had no probs before sending stuff to here not the same buyer) that was two weeks ago,

hes now opened up a case on paypal they have negative balance on my account so i send the buyer a email saying the item was sent two weeks ago and he says hes never got the item, now i did ask him did he want the item tracked ect he said no and wanted the cheaper option so i goes along with this,

what proof does paypal need to know that i have sent the item to him?

thanks
Hi
If the transaction happened through eBay, and the guy paid with PayPal, then it's a lost case i'm afraid! unless he is very honest and says he has received the item...

Even if you had the tracking number, it may still not be enough in some countries where Royal Mail can't track the items

I'll give you an example, i sold a Nokia phone on eBay, the winner was from Ukraine, i sent it with Royal Mail international signed for with tracking number, the buyer said he never received it and opened a case with PayPal, i gave PayPal the tracking number but the buyer kept saying he never got the item, so PayPal took the money from my account and refunded the buyer !!
I contacted Royal Mail and waited weeks for a 34 refund as it is the maximum paid out in Mobile Phones !!, the Nokia was sold for 95 !

My advice is, before you send the item, check with Royal Mail if you will get a refund in case the item is lost, and make the buyer pay for the extra postage costs, otherwise do not send it !
m3mpower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-03-12, 10:51 PM   #10
Inactive User

doesn't the receipt from royal mail postcode have the destination on the bottom? even its it tracked or not.

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in