pay pal advice - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-09-15, 12:39 AM   #1

Default pay pal advice

I was talking to my pal today and he was telling me he sold a few items on gumtree and took payment via paypal the guy pick the parts up and was happy and few weeks later he open a case saying faulty goods,

my mate ask for how they were faulty as it was a set of mud flaps and window deflectors no reply few days later paypal took the buyers side and now are going to take funds, if he removes his bank stuff can they take the money from him still?

also was told about a guy selling goods on ebay and not sending them out and keeping the money from paypal how the hell did he get away with that can they not take the money back and can they not track his spending or who he was sending the money too?

I don't want to use paypal any more for selling lol
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-09-15, 07:15 AM   #2

Hi Cmax yes you do have to be aware of a few things with pay pal . never use pay pal if buyer is going to collect always cash on collection !

I do use pay pal but am aware of the scammers having been scammed twice but stuck to my guns and pay pal in the end paid me back but I did have to be very firm in that I was in the right .

golden rule I work by is to make sure I take pics of everything and even pics of parcel if I am sending by post

you do have to state your case well with pay pal and now e bay is all on the buyers side but that's the fault of e bay scammers with just fold and run when they get banned by e bay and just start up again with diff ID

Pay pal is good but be aware its like everything else and a loophole for scammers to con you be wise and be careful
OldCodgger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-09-15, 08:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMax_307 View Post
I was talking to my pal today and he was telling me he sold a few items on gumtree and took payment via paypal the guy pick the parts up and was happy and few weeks later he open a case saying faulty goods,

my mate ask for how they were faulty as it was a set of mud flaps and window deflectors no reply few days later paypal took the buyers side and now are going to take funds, if he removes his bank stuff can they take the money from him still?

also was told about a guy selling goods on ebay and not sending them out and keeping the money from paypal how the hell did he get away with that can they not take the money back and can they not track his spending or who he was sending the money too?

I don't want to use paypal any more for selling lol
get them to send you it as a gift that way they can not claim goods are faulty

Old 05-10-15, 11:32 AM   #4

Default remove card details

I No longer do ebay selling as the fees got to high

But buying I have removed my card detail (due to attempted fraud )

I just buy, pay using a card from a link without saving card detail now

Seems to work for buying safely
Old 15-10-15, 02:08 PM   #5
Inactive User

Something else to be aware of...
eBay (and Amazon Marketplace for that matter) allow sellers to state that buyers are responsible for return postage if an item needs to be returned for any reason.
I have disputed this when returning items which are not as described or are faulty, but in these cases, eBay (and Amazon) seem to side with the sellers.
Old 15-10-15, 02:43 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetech View Post
Something else to be aware of...
eBay (and Amazon Marketplace for that matter) allow sellers to state that buyers are responsible for return postage if an item needs to be returned for any reason.
I have disputed this when returning items which are not as described or are faulty, but in these cases, eBay (and Amazon) seem to side with the sellers.
So far, touch wood, I have no problems with eBay or Amazon over returns or with purchases/sales. However, you do need to keep documentary proof that the goods were as described. I have seen some sellers saying that they will not accept returns unless they agree to receive them back. Elsewhere on the internet you can get the same problems even with credit cards. At least, with the latter, you have the usual credit card protection against faulty goods. I am still trying to get back the postage I had to pay on returning faulty goods, with the sellers permission but almost three months later I ams till having to badger them.
Old 15-10-15, 03:59 PM   #7

For items that are faulty or not as described on ebay ebay certainly DO NOT side with the seller sellers on ebay are treated like dirt BY ebay.

If you had trouble returning something you were doing it wrong or waited too long there are time limits for free returns.

For faulty items seller should pay return postage.

In law not as described is not the same as faulty so the return laws do not apply but ebays own laws do apply so you can still return at sellers expense but you must use ebays return service and label.

As always with ebay there are grey areas and confusion

The law of the land must be adhered to but sometimes ebays rules make this difficult as their rules are different and do not work in reality !

ebays rules are rules NOT law.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in