nice phone call i get - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By CMax_307

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-05-11, 04:00 AM   #1

Red face nice phone call i get

done a wee job few weeks ago for someone wanted the car fault codes looked into so i go to his house and plug the car to PP2000 cant remember the code but was his glow plug relay so he goes to the scrap yard and gets a 2nd hand one and puts it in calls me back up and tells me the car is working thanks ect,

called me up today and tells me ive wrecked his ECU and wants me to pay for the car to get fixed, i told him theres no way ive wrecked his ecu as all i done was read the codes and theres no chance ive damaged it so i asked how he knows its the ecu, the car is in peugeot and the dealer told me its the bsi i said to him thats not your ecu and i asked has the battery gone flat he says yes but him and his mate jumped started the car with another car i said to him thats what has damaged your bsi told him you cant jump start his as you will kill the bsi system look it up on online, hes blaming me for his error! the the guy starts shouting and getting on like a right prick am going to find you and burn your car out ect i said work away as i know where you live and if anything happens to my car your the one to am coming to see! he did not like that and hung up,
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-05-11, 08:30 AM   #2

Because a car is usually the second biggest purchase after their house i say to them when they come to me , all i can do is read codes i can`t harm their car in anyway , it puts their mind at rest , then after i finish i start the car to show no harm was done ,
but i agree with you that guy was a dick.
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-05-11, 01:47 PM   #3
Inactive User

sounds like a right dickhead. if he had common sense about him he would have realised that the car was working fine for a few weeks after you read his codes...so it is not you. (as you know)

however he puts new electrical parts in/jumps the car....he was asking for it to happen.

common fault finding skills like that elude some peoples brains. the question i would ask him or a computer genius friend of his (if he has one) or even dealer how is computer signal suppose to burn an ecu or bsi. as usb only works at 5v and the cables to the ecu/bsi are designed for upto 18v before things start breaking. id be damned if your laptop can push that much power...look at your battery rating or power pack ratings.

anyways he was a but stupid to tell you he was going to burn your car out. now you know who and where he lives. on the good side tho, you could get a new car

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 15-05-11, 02:11 PM   #4

Iv turned down a couple of code readings as i wasnt sure that the people i was dealing with were the full shillings

Send them elsewhere ! same old story though , you are the best thing since sliced bread when its knackered and you diagnose it right but the biggest useless arse in the world if you cant / wont !

Off Topic quick funny story:

I looked at a car a couple of years ago that had ran into a wall outside someones house. Esure insurance company rang me to ask exact levels of damage etc and i said minor scrape to bumper and wing from a glancing blow , why do you ask??

In house engineer tells me that the householder put in a claim for a new boiler in the kitchen on the back of the house as since the car hit his wall it had stopped working

These people really do exist guy's , i dealt with them almost every day for 2 years !!
Old 17-05-11, 09:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyswollocks View Post
come to me , all i can do is read codes i can`t harm their car in anyway , it puts their mind at rest , then after i finish i start the car to show no harm was done.
must use that one martin if you dont mind!

well to add to the above i have had a nice talk with his wife today she called me to say sorry for her hubbys out burst on saturday and told me the dealer also said the computer cant damage the ECU the only way it could do is if theres an ECU update and fails have way through the download the clone tool the guys use can not link up to peugeot database so theres nothing to be worred about but did say the tool they use is 100% safe,

i was well happy when she told me what the dealer said and it was a big dealer too Hurst, guys from NI will know who they are.
bettyswollocks and stevoxsi like this.
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-05-11, 09:08 PM   #6

Alternatively, his missus phoned up :

1 - to stop the old bill paying a visit after being verbally abused;

2- to stop the 'boys' paying a visit at 2.30 in the morning, looking like their going to a combined ski and baseball event.

Moral of the story - don't help anyone unless you know them.
clanless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-05-11, 12:37 AM   #7
Super Moderator

At least you went to him!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have owned: '00 Speedfight2 50cc '96 106 1.5d Escapade '97 306 1.9d D-turbo '99 306 1.9d D-turbo '03 307 2.0hdi 110 Rapier '06 307 2.0hdi 136 XSI '04 Peugeot 206 2.0hdi XSI
stevoxsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in