New or old? That sir, is the question! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 6709gary
  • 1 Post By rustyroger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-18, 07:44 AM   #1

Exclamation New or old? That sir, is the question!

I just been glancing over the user forums pics of their cars and i see most of you have either new or within 5 years old Peugeots.

My question is, and no offence, but i really prefer the older style Peugeots personally.

I like the old 305/205 and personally, i have the Quiksilver 206sw as to me, its a car you dont see everyday and its got "Personality" and "Character" which i dont think you get on "New" cars.

Perhaps we should have a old school chat room that for us old codgers!

And going back to the older Peugeots its also good to see that the owners have cared for them and kept them on the roadinstead of chopping them in every 3 years or scrap it after 10!

Ok my morning moan is over and now i feel better
border_all likes this.
6709gary is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-18, 12:11 PM   #2

Think youíll find a few still here on the forum and thats the fun thing all kinds of models each with its own characteristics

Not a 5 series but just been out this morning in a 406 estate 15 years old still going well though itís tricky finding some parts

Could be an idea having a section that lists places you can get spares from and here in Teesside it would not be simple finding a welder if needed one thing for certain a lot less complicated than the newer models and in my opinion the older models have much better heaters

Enjoy the group

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
border_all is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-18, 01:29 PM   #3

Very few posts here for the best car Peugeot ever made - the 504.
With the 403B, 205, and 404 these were I think the best four models to come from the Peugeot stable.
Just my opinion which is of course absolutely right.
Unless of course you think differently?.

The 3008 seems to be the busiest forum, mainly from negative posts though.

Roger.
trem1 likes this.

Old 06-01-18, 02:37 PM   #4

Problem is for the 504 and 505 there are very few left in the uk my last 3 505s went to africa to live out the rest of their life as taxis

The 505 was the last REAL peugeot in my opinion and although 205s 405s etc were good they were nowhere near as bombproof as the 404 504 604 505 etc

306 was ok
309 was a relic of the talbot era
406 was ok but not as good as 405

Then we get to the 07 cars 307 average 407 807 average 607 s an aquired taste 207 not exactly well built or anything like bombproof

Basically they have as top gear rightly said spent the last 10 years building rubbish cars for average drivers but im not sure the latest batch of products is really going to help ok they are fancy with lots of cool design and gadgets but peugeot and fancy have never gone well together
Old 06-01-18, 05:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6709gary View Post

My question is, and no offence, but i really prefer the older style Peugeots personally.

I like the old 305/205 and personally,
Ok my morning moan is over and now i feel better
Have to agree,miss the old 305 vans,have had 6/7 altogether over the years.
reliable,easy to work on,one of the best engines made in there day the XUD
Old 06-01-18, 09:32 PM   #6
Super Moderator

I tend to have one of each, old and new! Old banger for me and a newer family wagon. Anything from the x06 range is my choice, preferably with the 1.9td. Although the 8v 2.0hdi engine has proved very reliable in my experience too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have owned: '00 Speedfight2 50cc '96 106 1.5d Escapade '97 306 1.9d D-turbo '99 306 1.9d D-turbo '03 307 2.0hdi 110 Rapier '06 307 2.0hdi 136 XSI '04 Peugeot 206 2.0hdi XSI
stevoxsi is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in