my rant lol - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-04-11, 12:24 AM   #1

Default my rant lol

was out tonight and cops pull infront of me and guy jumps out of the drivers seat and tell mes to kill the engine so i do and he has a prob with me strait way ive never seen this guy before like so says whats your prob??? and i said what do you mean and he goes them lights you have in the front are they fitted HID's i asked what do you mean and he starts shouting are they factory or after market i said after market and asked me to pop the bonet so i did and he asked where my ballasts are and i said you cant see them due to me putting them away, so he tells me to remove the HIDs or am taking your car off you and i said they are e market and pass the mot every year!. he says i dont care if they do pass the mot i will take your car at this point am looking for his badge number and cant see it so i asked for his name and would not give me it and said he better not see me again or he will take the car,

so i phoned up the police station he was from asked the speak to the inspector he was not there so the guy on the phone asked if he could help so i told him the above and he told me if your car has mot tax and insurance then he can't impound your car and its only traffic branch that could take your car, he then asked for the officers number or name and told him he would not tell me and he asked what where they driving i told them landrover then i give part of the reg and he said he was sorry for him getting on like that i then told him its not your fault and that officer as a prob not you he has took everything down and said he will find out the police officer and the inspector will be told.

ive been stopped many times and this is the frist time my hids are what ive been stopped for my mission is to talk to some traffic branch officers and ask questions as how come renaults come with HID without projectors and as i found out a mate of mines civic comes like the renault too
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-04-11, 08:18 AM   #2

Next time just tell him to go ahead and impound it , agree with him to the point of being so nice you`re irritating , keep saying "why officer you are sooooo right" and "you`re doing a great job keep it up",
they hate that.
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-04-11, 09:34 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyswollocks View Post
Next time just tell him to go ahead and impound it , agree with him to the point of being so nice you`re irritating , keep saying "why officer you are sooooo right" and "you`re doing a great job keep it up",
they hate that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 16-04-11, 12:25 PM   #4
Inactive User

think you get people like that in all walks of life there is always one but you did the right thing in pursuing the matter.
Third time is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-04-11, 02:05 PM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMax_307 View Post
was out tonight and cops pull infront of me and guy jumps out of the drivers seat and tell mes to kill the engine so i do and he has a prob with me strait way ive never seen this guy before like so says whats your prob??? and i said what do you mean and he goes them lights you have in the front are they fitted HID's i asked what do you mean and he starts shouting are they factory or after market i said after market and asked me to pop the bonet so i did and he asked where my ballasts are and i said you cant see them due to me putting them away,
I have heard from somewhere that they have to be fitted professionally...whether or not thats true is a different story.

Quote:
so he tells me to remove the HIDs or am taking your car off you and i said they are e market and pass the mot every year!. he says i dont care if they do pass the mot i will take your car at this point am looking for his badge number and cant see it so i asked for his name and would not give me it and said he better not see me again or he will take the car,
If the car passes its MOT, and you pay the rest i suppose they cant do a thing unless they suspect your vehicle to be be in the dregs trade. see that on tv all the time.

Quote:
so i phoned up the police station he was from asked the speak to the inspector he was not there so the guy on the phone asked if he could help so i told him the above and he told me if your car has mot tax and insurance then he can't impound your car and its only traffic branch that could take your car, he then asked for the officers number or name and told him he would not tell me and he asked what where they driving i told them landrover then i give part of the reg and he said he was sorry for him getting on like that i then told him its not your fault and that officer as a prob not you he has took everything down and said he will find out the police officer and the inspector will be told.

ive been stopped many times and this is the frist time my hids are what ive been stopped for my mission is to talk to some traffic branch officers and ask questions as how come renaults come with HID without projectors and as i found out a mate of mines civic comes like the renault too
in cases like this, if it happened to me in gateshead or across the river in newcastle i would of told that ignorant peice of crap to speak to my uncle, who is one of the top dogs in the area...safe to say my uncle would of ripped his head off and shite down the holes that remained. he even helped with the North Yorkshire Police when i had my "incident".

on a further note tho, it does sound like he was suffering from a little road rage...if he charged at you for having "bright lights"

i have no doubt chopper would say something on the subject i love these rants

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in