Motorbike quote, Shocked haha - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-14, 07:23 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to Craigleather
Default Motorbike quote, Shocked haha

So iv got a motorbike as well as my pug just done a quote on it and i was shocked if im honest ! :O

Got a kawasaki ZZR 600R Running around 140 BHP i have 4 Years no claims discount and im only 21 and my quote was 128 but normally is in the 250 range for the year !!! talk about being cheap haha

][_, ([]) ][_,

Craig.
Craigleather is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-14, 07:02 PM   #2
chopper1192

You got a ZZR600 running as much power as a ZZR1200? I seem to recall my ZZR 6 made about 98 BHP, if you were generous.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-14, 07:04 PM   #3

Yeah my ZZR is very well looked after and iv spent a fortune on it!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Old 03-03-14, 07:07 PM   #4
chopper1192

A fortune on nitrous or turbos if you're making near on 50% more power than .
Old 03-03-14, 07:08 PM   #5

Had the carbs of and stripped cleaned and K&n on each carb, and it's been tuned properly!! it's been on my mates rolling road that's how I know bhp it is haha

Old 03-03-14, 07:38 PM   #6
chopper1192

As the owner of 11 big Zeds over the years (currently on a full house ZX 12R) you'll forgive me if I cough a lot. No way this side of the laws of thermodynamics will you gain 45BHP from a k&n filter and jet kit. Mine ran those, and imported Moriwaki pipes, Castillo lattice rods, flowed head, matched and machine piston tops and a Pip Higham modified CDI unit and still 'only' ran 119 ponies. I'm sure Stan Stevens would pay huge money for your secret.
Old 03-03-14, 07:40 PM   #7

I'm only telling you what iv been told... And btw my bike is 110 standard

Old 03-03-14, 07:43 PM   #8
chopper1192

No version of the ZZR 6 ever made 110 from the crate, not according to Kawasaki San. Next you'll be telling us about these magic beans you've bought...

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/mcn/bi...-1990-current/
Old 10-05-14, 07:32 AM   #9
Inactive User

My 1050 speed triple only produces 130 hp unless you've fitted a turbo your mates dyno is knackered
Triple1050 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-14, 10:19 AM   #10

considering the zzr isn,t even a top sports 600 140bhp is pie in the sky. have a little read of this.

Honda Moto2 Engines To Produce 125 BHP

Submitted by David Emmett on Wed, 2010-02-24 12:03

in Honda
Moto2

When the announcement was made that Moto2 would be single engine class, the accompanying press release stated boldly that the engines would produce in the region of 150 horsepower. This seemed an entirely reasonable and achievable figure, given that the top flight World Supersport 600s, such as those prepared by Ten Kate Honda or by Chris Mehew for the Parkalgar Honda team produce something very close to that number. So HRC's engineers disappeared into the dyno room with a pile of CBR600RR engines and bunch of ideas to get them producing horsepower.

Rumors floating around the Moto2 paddock suggest that Honda's engineers - normally no slouches when it comes to extracting power from four-stroke engines - emerged from the dyno room carrying not a powerful 600 cc engine, but rather the remains of several engines which had died in the attempt to find that horsepower. And so HRC switched tack, and went for reliability instead, cutting horsepower but ensuring that the engines will last reliably for the three race weekends they are expected to have to cope with.

The outcome of that process is that the Honda Moto2 engines, due to be delivered to the teams on February 27th, will produce around 125hp, according to both the Italian media and several sources inside the paddock. A far cry from the 150bhp promised, but given that the horsepower figures will be the same for everyone, not much of a problem. The engines will have the durability to last before being returned to Geo Engineering, the Swiss firm charged with maintaining the Moto2 engines.

To put those horsepower figures into perspective, while the Ten Kates, Parkalgars and last year's Yamaha R6s of this world produce the best part of 150 horsepower, even the relatively underpowered and extremely underfunded Suzuki GSX-R 600 of Barry Veneman produced north of 140 bhp, and a well setup Superstock machine will kick out over 125 horses. But the World Supersport engines are taken away and fettled after every race, and a Superstock engine would also require attention several times a season to keep it at its best. Honda's 125bhp should produce the same power throughout its life between maintenance intervals, keeping the teams on a level playing field. And that, after all, was the point.

Source:

Bikeracing.it | Moto2: i motori Honda consegnati il prossimo 27 febbraio - Risultati Moto GP e superbike - Classifiche MotoGP e Sbk - Classifiche e risultati Moto 2 - Classifiche SBK - Classifiche Motomondiale...
salster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in