legal advice - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-17, 07:48 PM   #1

Default legal advice

Long story,

but I got my wheels refub buy a local fella and when I picked them up I was in
a bit of a rush to get on my way so I quickly checked one alloy and was happy with it was not till the next day I looked at the rest and noticed that they are not fully painted as I paid extra for the inside of the wheel to be done it was not done and missed a few bits, when he text to say the wheels were done and
I could pick them up he did not say there was any issues with the alloys,

so I send him a message to say about the issues I noticed he told me he said when I picked them up they were not the best I did not hear him saying this
nor did my partner as she was beside me, he told me he would redo the alloys
as long as I pay for the paint and the extra parts so the way I see it he wants me to pay twice to do the wheels?

I have left it with him to come up with a outcome but I can see this going no were if am honest he was quick to reply when I was looking them done and now he wont reply

I will give him a few days before I ask him what he wants to do.

now my main questions are could I take him to small claims court the value is less that 300. am willing to let him redo the alloys but am not paying for
it as I feel I don't have to.

this guy told me he works during the week and only does the alloys on the weekend would that be classed as

I met him away from the place he works out of but when I picked the alloys up I got to see the place and other guy works out of same place.

any help would be great guys
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-17, 10:44 AM   #2

Your post is rather unclear, with some unfinished sentences.
But from what I read it's your word against his.
Don't throw good money after bad.

Roger.
Old 04-07-17, 01:27 PM   #3

CMax,
You used a guy,who moonlights at w/ends,to refurbish your wheels.I bet he did not give you an official VAT invoice and I suspect he does not declare anything to H.M.R.C.
I`m afraid your on a loser,not worth the hassle,take it on the chin and move on.
By the way,I`ve just had my Mercedes wheels refurbished by my local wheel and tyre firm.Perfect job,72 a wheel (INCLUDING VAT).
Old Pug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-17, 01:54 PM   #4

I agree that there isn't much in the way of comeback though you could report him to the Tax people as being likely having undeclared earnings making him an income tax avoider if you feel badly enough about the experience.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-17, 04:36 PM   #5

sorry guys he has a adverts on doing wheel refurbs on facebook and other places his work via the pictures he posted was really good that's why I went to him and he was local to me, the place he uses is on the weekend belongs to his mate.

I have got intouch with him and he wants me to pay the money for him to do them again I said no why should I pay? no answer at all.

he told me he could do the alloys and now he told me the alloys were in worse order now he told me he was going to strip the right back to the bare alloy that he has not done, Saturday he told me the alloys were finished and really to pick up
if he was not happy with how they turned out he should have said to me I asked him that again no answer.

am near sure there was something a read online that you could take someone to small claims court if the job was not finished or set right if they advertise on facebook gumtree and has a page setup I could try its just a mater of me
getting all his info making a claim through the small claims?

Last edited by CMax_307; 05-07-17 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-07-17, 07:47 PM   #6

You will need to be able to substantiate your claim with before and after pictures, and back up what you say was agreed. Text messages might be a good source.
But sometimes it is better in the end (although you might be spitting blood at the time), to say "Well, that was an expensive lesson, I got ripped off" and put it behind you.

Roger.
Old 07-07-17, 05:31 PM   #7

I got intouch with a local advice center and they looked at the info I put across and they are pretty sure I will be able to get something done about , they even came out and looked at the wheels and noticed how bad they were and spotted that they are starting to chip away from the alloy.

I would agree in letting this slide but for the cost i paid and way he has handled it makes me want to get my money back he wants me to be happy but wants me to pay for the work again that's not how you do it.

i will keep this updated guys
Old 21-08-17, 08:29 PM   #8

just a update the letter was sent and he has been in touch with me wanting to drop the case and for him to come up with a new deal were we are both happy I have send him letter to what I want and just waiting ..
Old 21-08-17, 08:34 PM   #9

Tell him to fix his mess and case goes away simple as that
Old 24-10-17, 10:44 PM   #10

I got all sorted funds back in pocket
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in