Knobbled? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-03-13, 04:17 PM   #1

Default Knobbled?

Driving to Morrisons this morning - mrs clanless chewing my ear off - looked at the side of the road and next thing you know, I'm whizzing past a mobile speed camera.

40 speed limit, I was doing around 50 - I blame the mrs for distracting me with the incessant chatter.

Now waiting for the 60 fine and 3 points to flop onto the doormat. There's no way I'm going to a speed awareness course - I've been driving for over 25 years and have never had any penalty points before.

Did the shopping, went past the same place and the van had gone. I just timed it perfectly.

Oh joy
clanless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-03-13, 10:34 PM   #2
Inactive User

Exclamation

Hi

I know you don't want to hear this but please if you get a chance go and do the naughty boy school.

I sell car insurance and and its really p*****s me off when they tell me there is no claims or conviction, give them a quote and then they say "OH I forgot I got 3 points last month I just paid the fine as I couldn't be bothered"

ME: Great let me just add that for you as they have to be listed for 5 years with the Insurance Data base.

ME: Oh look at that your premium has just gone up by a minimum off 80 per year (this is for the next 3 years then it reduces again.)

Client: Why I paid the fine bla bla bla, I am going some where else.

Me: Ok just don't forget to inform them of that conviction please as they will ask for a copy of both parts of you drivers license.

I know its not the best thing to do with your time or your money but you don't have to tell the insuance company if you do the course.

Warning to others Direct Line will add this even if you have done the course, just don't say anything if you have done the course, you don't have to unless you have the points on you license
trem1, Gibbo, sterion75 and 1 others like this.
Dilligaf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-03-13, 10:18 AM   #3

Fingers crossed - I may not get a fine as there are some 'dummy' vans around here - from the outside they look like a van which contains all the equipment - but are empty. They are just plonked on roads to put the willies up speeding drivers.

Admiral insurance also increase your premiums - whether you attend a speed awareness course or get points - their view is that you were speeding and that is that.

The speed awareness course is I understand 90 and the fine is 60 (plus the points). There is no financial benefit in attending the course, I may have attended if I was on 6 or 9 points - but not as these are my first 3. Looking at my driving history, I should get my next set of 3 points in 2050.

Old 31-03-13, 10:23 AM   #4

Insurance companies will try to wriggle out of a claim if possible - you need to declare everything - let them decide whether it is material to your cover or not.

Last edited by clanless; 31-03-13 at 10:26 AM. Reason: awful spelling
Old 31-03-13, 10:27 AM   #5

get the wife to take the points. after all it was her fault
Pew-got likes this.
pauls0701 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-03-13, 10:33 AM   #6

LOL - good idea. She never got round to taking a driving test. Her confidence took a knock when she drove the instructors car into a hedge - it was in the time before duel control vehicles.

Always make me chuckle every time I think about it.
Old 31-03-13, 10:50 AM   #7

It worked out ok for that mp...... No hang on it didn't work out to good for him did it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
pauls0701 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-03-13, 04:27 PM   #8

I bet he was kicking himself as he was dragged off to klink. Me, I would have opted for the public transport option.
Old 09-04-13, 08:22 PM   #9

The good old 'intention to prosecute' plopped onto the door mat this morning.

Bastards

As it actually costs more, both in my time and money - increased insurance premiums and the cost of the course is more than the fine itself - its the points for me.

Not much point in offering the course - no one will go on it.

I also found out you only get offered the course once. Waste of time.
Old 09-04-13, 08:29 PM   #10

If you are in scotland there is or was a get out of jail free card i have used it once

Since your profile does not say we do not know where you are but if you are look into it
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in