Johns Insurance Renewal - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-01-12, 07:12 PM   #1
Inactive User

Thumbs down Johns Insurance Renewal

Well that time of year has arrived and for the first time, i have to shop around and think about my insurance needs.

I received a letter from my broker and for the first time ever, couldn't be the cheapest. quote received from them was "2346".

so i went online to the comparison sites, i found "autosaint, from halfords" was cheapest at 1865...

after 5 minutes they rang me up, they informed me that the insurance is cheaper because they stick a GPS tracker in the car...obviously this can come with some bad points but from looking around GPS trackers are possibly going to be implemented by all insurers....personally im not fussed as it cheapens my insurance.

they also asked about the curfew...i was like WTF. they said dont worry for an extra 150 i can get the curfew removed so i can drive anytime. fair does...but their reasoning was young drivers have more accidents between the hours of 2300 and 0600....well when i drive at those times all i see is bell ends in BMW/Audi/Merc/Lexus/Land rovers who think the road is their personal race track.

so it now looks like john is going to be GPS tracked for the next year to keep his insurance down as insurance without one is looking around the quote as above by my broker.

there will be some people wondering why its so high, here is some history and some assumptions made by the insurers:

- aged 22
- had licence 3 years
- had a crash in 2010, costing 1500, only me involved
- drives a 1.8tdci ford focus, 5 door, 2006
- lives in a crime riddled area of gateshead (gateshead in general)
- 2 years NCB by broker
- Bus Driver (public transport)
- no points or convictions

- added my father
- passed his test in 11/87
- bus driver
- no points/convictions

if i actually remove my father as a named driver, most insurers wont insure me and if they do, the price goes sky high.

safe to say im pretty gutted

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-01-12, 07:28 PM   #2

Wow whats going on. Those prices are insane, how can you afford to drive John? Our David pays 700 more in Manchester than he would in Boston so quite understand its all gone mad. Brad

sterion75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-01-12, 07:31 PM   #3
Inactive User

My Step son paid over 2300 for a 1.1 Corsa 3 years ago
The car never cost that
Karl68s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 27-01-12, 08:13 PM   #4
jmkent

I'm amazed your insurance is that high John. OK, you had an accident and claimed etc, but that was 2 yrs ago, and you've built some no claims, and now classed as a Professional Driver... just doesn't make sense to me that its that high.

Insurance must have gone stupid in the last 5yrs, 'cos when I was 22 I had a 2.0HDI 306, and that was pretty nifty for my age, and yet that only cost me 500/yr to insure

Alright, I'm older now, but my 407 is costing less than 500/yr to insure now... I really don't understand some of the insurance quotes
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-01-12, 09:29 PM   #5

Liverpool Victoria - give em a whirl
clanless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-01-12, 10:04 PM   #6
Inactive User

Bizarrely I thought you were older than the ripe age of 22!

Anyway, I would try Adrian flux. They never send the cheapest renewal out to me but they will always match whatever else I can find. I always ensure that I can drive other cars 3rd party too as a bonus

Tesco used to be the cheapest for me but then they are called Tesco bank or something now and trebled their quotes!

Don't go with that GPS rubbish, too big brother ish, it will track your speed and everything, just gives them an excuse not to pay you out.
sialdo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-01-12, 10:30 PM   #7
Inactive User

Default Insurance nightmares

Hi John. I presume that regardless of all other factors, it is your age that is against you. I drive a "bell end" BMW and pay 350. Next time I'm owning the road after mid-night I'll give you a wave
john_h and JazzJPH like this.
syncrofred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-01-12, 11:35 PM   #8
JazzJPH

Well to compare:

21 Year old
4 Years NCB
3 points (SP30)

No added drivers.

On Audi A4 2.0 TDI SE

= 970 for the year.

I assume that you have done the confused.com etc.?

GoCompare were cheaper than confused when I checked.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-01-12, 11:38 PM   #9
Inactive User

Naughty SP30
sialdo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-01-12, 11:56 PM   #10
Inactive User

hers a tip once you have done the confused or go compare things, get a quote from swift and direct line, both refuse to use them sites as they have to add about 75 per successful customer referral (well it was that list time I heard).

Also always get a quote from somewhere else n tell your insurance company you found cheaper, drop their quote by 15% n ask them to match it, they almost always will do as they want to keep customers as insurance companies run in the family.
Karl68s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in