Job Hunting - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-05-12, 06:03 PM   #1
Inactive User

Location: A Tiny village called Oxborough between Thetford and Kings Lynn Norfolk
Default Job Hunting

Hey all,

After nearly 7 years with my current employer I have opted to resign so I can get a better quality of life with my daughter and less stress.

I'm looking to try and get something in or very near to Barnstaple Devon as that is where my 5 year old daughter is. Im a Project Manager by current trade but have been in IT for 19 years, so happy to continue but I will also take a very serious look at other job roles like Plumbing, Auto repair, delivery driver etc.

I've lost my house in Yeovil and so I'm currently shifting all my things to my parents in Norfolk and I'll have to take something part time up there to pay the basic bills while I look for work and a rented 1 or 2 bed flat/house in or very near to Barnstaple.

So i'm sharing this news with you all as I have been looking for quite a while to get a job in Barnstaple and have failed big time hence the move

It seems that today it's who you know rather than what you know, so if there is anyone out there who knows someone or knows of a job going then please let me know as I miss my daughter so much and Norfolk to Barnstaple non-stop is 7 hours with no traffic issues which I just can't continue to do on a weekly basis. I am more than happy to look at most things, but like being outside, driving and fixing things mostly.

Thanks

PB
PeugeotBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-05-12, 06:14 PM   #2
Inactive User

I know how you feel i handed my notice in 2009 after 28 years with a firm which was giving me grief every few weeks because i would not do weekends and work away from home they started treating me like shit so i gave notice because the kids both autistic but we split up after .

Still looking for a job now like you say not what you know its who you know .
Old 13-05-12, 06:24 PM   #3
Inactive User

Location: A Tiny village called Oxborough between Thetford and Kings Lynn Norfolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige65 View Post
I know how you feel i handed my notice in 2009 after 28 years with a firm which was giving me grief every few weeks because i would not do weekends and work away from home they started treating me like shit so i gave notice because the kids both autistic but we split up after .

Still looking for a job now like you say not what you know its who you know .
I feel for you Nige I really do. There are other reasons that I have not listed on here which has pushed me to leave but I can't discuss yet.

It is very hard and I do have bad days and nights where I just want to cry as all I want is to be as close to my daughter as possible and i've had to move 7 hours away in order to kick start the process so I'm not on the street or homeless.

Well good luck from me and I hope you get something soon.

PB

Old 13-05-12, 06:27 PM   #4

Get into the Diagnostic game with this new MOT , 20 a reading , No fixing , Cash in hand.
CMax_307 and malgpz900 like this.
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-05-12, 06:40 PM   #5
Inactive User

PB I have had so many problems started with severe depression couldnt sleep as all i thought about was killing myself . Then i had headaches well an headache lasted 7 months none stop and i can stand pain but not like this nightmare had brain scans blood tests everything ended up on steriods which helped calm the pain right down but was on a large dose doctor at the hospital said i had to come off themor they would kill me so i did pains went thank god still dont know why or what caused it. But i pilled my weight on went to 27.7 st couldnt walk anyway my depression came back full on just wanted to end everything my expartner took me to the doctors where i broke down and now on my depression tablets again but i also chose to have a gastric bypass to lose weight i opted for this because at the time i didnt want to live and there was a 2% chance you die from the operation so jumped at it anyway 4 months on and i am now 17st 3lb and i feel alot better now more confident but i am still having stomach pains which i have to go for an endoscopy 30th may but all in i have been for 3 medicals with esa and got 0 points on all this time i am appealing but i am still looking for work which i went for bus driving assesment last week but heard nothing yet.

PB its good to talk to someone if your feeling down will also say if you are feeling depressed dont suffer in silence go see your doctor they are there to help i know been there got the medal
Old 13-05-12, 06:43 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyswollocks View Post
Get into the Diagnostic game with this new MOT , 20 a reading , No fixing , Cash in hand.
bloody sold my planet no good telling me now
Old 13-05-12, 07:30 PM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige65 View Post
PB I have had so many problems started with severe depression couldnt sleep as all i thought about was killing myself . Then i had headaches well an headache lasted 7 months none stop and i can stand pain but not like this nightmare had brain scans blood tests everything ended up on steriods which helped calm the pain right down but was on a large dose doctor at the hospital said i had to come off themor they would kill me so i did pains went thank god still dont know why or what caused it. But i pilled my weight on went to 27.7 st couldnt walk anyway my depression came back full on just wanted to end everything my expartner took me to the doctors where i broke down and now on my depression tablets again but i also chose to have a gastric bypass to lose weight i opted for this because at the time i didnt want to live and there was a 2% chance you die from the operation so jumped at it anyway 4 months on and i am now 17st 3lb and i feel alot better now more confident but i am still having stomach pains which i have to go for an endoscopy 30th may but all in i have been for 3 medicals with esa and got 0 points on all this time i am appealing but i am still looking for work which i went for bus driving assesment last week but heard nothing yet.

PB its good to talk to someone if your feeling down will also say if you are feeling depressed dont suffer in silence go see your doctor they are there to help i know been there got the medal
Sleeping is my biggest problem and staying asleep too. 3 hours a night is average for me. I'm not on anti depressants but I am seeing a councillor for post traumatic stress.

I'm okay I believe and just need to deal with it and remember that I still see my daughter every other weekend and for holidays etc no matter what, but for now it will be a long and stressful 7 hour trip down and 7 hours backup and a fair whack of cash for fuel, food and accommodation.

I'm doing this to kick start a fresh new life and this is the only way I can do it without being homeless or losing all of my and my daughters possessions. Everything will be kept at my parents and I'll be with them too while I get things off the ground and running. Thanks for your support Nige, appreciated.

Take care now,

PB
Old 13-05-12, 07:35 PM   #8
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyswollocks View Post
Hi Betty,

Yeah thinking of this too. I also have OP-COM from my Vauxhall days so I can do those too. Thing is my parents are well and truly out in the woods in Norfolk, so I'll have to get some flyers and adverts for the local rags.

Damn good idea though, so I'm going to investigate this further this week, maybe invest in a new (second hand) Toughbook laptop on XP and a cheap quiet portable generator too. I have lots of professional tools and equipment that I have bought over the years so I could set this up quite quickly and I've ran my own business twice before too.

Mmm.....
Old 13-05-12, 08:01 PM   #9
jmkent

Sorry to hear this PB.... not quite the same as I don't have a daughter, but I split up from my gf back in February... had been together for 4.5yrs, and then she just told me one morning she was leaving, no reason, no nothing, and to this day she still hasn't/won't tell me why she did it. My whole life turned upside down, I too had to give up 'our' house and move back to my parents temporarily... have only last week got myself a flat, but in some respects, I wish I hadn't.... the loneliness isn't doing me any favours whatsoever. I'm not coping very well being alone again, and too am feeling really down these days... I'm told time will help, but for me right now, I can't see how. All I want to do is work, I need to keep my mind busy, as when sitting at home with nothing to do, just makes me think about things, and that really really gets me depressed.

I know its no help with the job hunt, but I can feel your pain mate and kinda know what your going through. Hope it does work out for you mate
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-05-12, 08:26 PM   #10
Inactive User

PB go and see your doctor and explain to him or her i did he put me on anti-depressants and also gave me sleeping tablets which was great would sleep right through they make hell of a difference to how you feel by just getting a goodnights sleep

Mr Kent i know how you feel i split from my partner 2 years ago she did same up and said she had rented another house and went knocks you for six but must admit we are best of friends she still comes with the children although i amnot biological father they still call me dad .

Last edited by nige65; 13-05-12 at 08:29 PM.
nige65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in