Jazz's latest situation - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-07-11, 06:24 PM   #1
JazzJPH

Default Jazz's latest situation

Well hello all, I haven't opened a thread up in a while so I thought I'd do this!

As some of you know, I bought another 307 diesel the Saturday before the one just gone!

Anyway the deal was that I take the car, drive about, and bring it back on the Tuesday (12th) for them to give it a full service, MOT and sort anything I ask for to be sorted.

So I took it, drove a little, and phoned them up:

1, It stank of smoke. Turned out the person who traded it in wasn't a smoker, but the girl who loaned the car off him for a few days was a smoker, and smoked in this non-smoker car. I asked for a valet, he said that he would do that

2, It drifts to the left when you put the throttle on, but the steering wheel straightens by itself so you kind of snake left and back straight again (really weird) - he said he'd sort it.

Anyway there were some things like the coolant sensor and ABS sensors I managed to get him to do (there were a few bleepies on the MFD) and asked him to get a diagnostic ran on it and print me the results.

So I took it in, and I hear nothing from them. They have provided me with a 1.9 SE TDI Golf (05 reg) however and it is more expensive than my car so I'm not overly worried (In fact I'm starting to love it).

I rang them on Friday and they said that the diff needed replacing, it was knackered. OK then I'll let them do that...

I rang them yesterday to find out the craic - "Jazz mate it'll be another 3-4 days as the diffs aren't just off the shelf".

Really? Does it really take 3-4 days to get a diff in and fit it???

I do hope amongst all this they remember to do the valet etc.

They did say to me that the car "Passed the MOT with flying colours" - so I said "was there an advisory?" they reply "Yes" and so I say "So how's that with flying colours??? :S"

Anyway I'm not over bothered, like I say, I've got a golf which I'm fond of.

But what are you guys' verdict on it. I don't think I'm being conned, it's a decent garage (They have an R8 for sale :P) and I just think they're a bit odd. Maybe they are setting a 307 up for a crash so they can take the diff off for scrap money !!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-07-11, 07:38 PM   #2
jmkent

Just see how things pan out.... at least your not inconvenienced by it
Old 19-07-11, 08:11 PM   #3

Well - everyone knows the problems that I had wiv my mota. But...the garage repaired them all under warranty. So far everything is working 'OK' and coming upto 20k me miles.

As a geezer said to moi in werk - there are so many new parts on it now, it'll last forever. He may be right.

Thing is, buying a car from a reliable and trustworthy garage - now that's worth something in my book. Stick with it.
clanless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 19-07-11, 10:21 PM   #4
JazzJPH

Hehe nice one! Just wondering all the craic with the diff, does it really take that long?
Old 22-07-11, 04:46 PM   #5
Inactive User

At least your getting to play around in a pleasant alternative car in the mean time!

I had a 08 Golf 2.0TDI GT Sport (170) for a while, company thing, I have to say I was sad when I handed it back! Really was a joy to drive, and the pulling power of that 2.0 170bhp was epic fun!

Let them keep the 307!

Phil

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
philkerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-07-11, 09:01 PM   #6
JazzJPH

It's going back tomorrow I have to pick the 307 up before 5pm tomorrow, gutted!!! But the Golf has another 1500 miles on haha!!

I'm going to be well gutted when I get back in the 307. Might have to sell it and get a golf
Old 23-07-11, 08:55 AM   #7
Inactive User

i do have to say golfs are very nice cars. when i was at hensons getting my next car after my peugeot, i got offered by the finance company the 09 VW Golf, the only reason i didnt take it was the fact it was a 2.0L GTI! the insurance would have been unreal! looked like a right beast.

i have my eyes set on a Nissan GTR in the future (late 20's)...every man has to become a boy and buy atleast one ridiculus car in his lifetime

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-07-11, 12:04 AM   #8
Super Moderator

What's this, the VW appreciation group???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have owned: '00 Speedfight2 50cc '96 106 1.5d Escapade '97 306 1.9d D-turbo '99 306 1.9d D-turbo '03 307 2.0hdi 110 Rapier '06 307 2.0hdi 136 XSI '04 Peugeot 206 2.0hdi XSI
stevoxsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-07-11, 12:44 AM   #9
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoxsi View Post
Yeah, you know, it's sometimes nice to put yourself inside a bit of German for a change!

philkerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-07-11, 08:21 AM   #10
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoxsi View Post
just appreciation for the sheer beauty of some other cars peugeot still wins though

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in