Halfords prices - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-10-12, 08:18 PM   #1

Default Halfords prices

Hi folks i had to go to halfords today for a healamp bulb at 7.99 so i got screenwash as well 4.99. My daughters boyfreind was with me so he gave me his trade card to use total price using trade card 3.98??????.
So i priced 0/40 synthetic valvolene set bosch plugs oil, fuel and air filter total before trade discount 98 after 61 so i just got that as well if you know a mechanic its worth them getting a trade card. After speaking to my daughters boyfreind he said its quite often cheaper than a motor factors or you get a known branded part instead of something like motaquip or QH gear. So guess what he`s doing tomorrow as well as changing the thermostat and temp sensor (that bits on a previous thread).

The madspark
madspark01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-10-12, 08:22 PM   #2
jmkent

I can see thats one of your daughter's boyfriend choices a father approves of
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-10-12, 08:32 PM   #3
davidireland

Your local motorfactors woulb probably be cheaper. They are here in Ireland anyway. Halfords are extremely expensive here.

Old 28-10-12, 09:21 PM   #4

I should want to tear his head off being a dad but like me he is a total petrol head and a not to bad mechanic. He works for arnold sharks Honda and has just finished his time he was put forward for a trade contest and wone both the regonal and scottish heats so hes off to Birmingham for the next heat. Lets hope he does well as they want to move him to BMW .
He let me do the hifi in his clio it only cost 420 to do JBL comps in the front with coaxias in the rear a JBL sub and 4 ch amp and a decent head unit with p2p and ipod control interfaced to the stalk control. As a spark i am osessed with neat wires his mates have paid fortunes and they sound sh** . Some boy racers are obsessed with bass and dont realise you need a decent front sound stage also sound deadening helps as noise outside the car is wasted db. I do a lot of home entertainment systems as homers so i appreciate a good sound system. thats where the pug i have just aquierd lets me down as i am having difficulty getting something to interface with the lcd display as i dont want to loose the functions. I have been told Alpine do a headunit with an oem interface that would be compatable with my 407 but i cant find anything on the forum to support this.
any guidence from a pug guru out there welcome
cheers
madspark
madspark01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-10-12, 08:33 AM   #5
chopper1192

I got a Hellfrauds Trade card

Was doing a job a few years back, popped in to buy a thermostat for a Corsa while still wearing my overall with the Nissan logo from when I was in the trade and without prompting they offered me a trade card.

Last edited by chopper1192; 29-10-12 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Lawn fan chest trainer vision
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in