Halfords Autocentre fined £47,000 following undercover sting - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gibbo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-15, 07:46 AM   #1

Default Halfords Autocentre fined £47,000 following undercover sting

Halfords Autocentre fined £47,000 following undercover sting
The company failed to fix 11 out of 20 defects deliberately left by Trading Standards

Quote:
An illegal Vauxhall Astra with broken or missing light bulbs, irregular tyre pressures, oil leaks and faulty windscreen wipers was sent to the Halfords Autocentre in Filton, Bristol by South Gloucestershire Council for a major service at a cost of £235.
Lee Reynolds, for the council, told North Avon Magistrates’ Court: “It became obvious that not all the checks were done.
“Things were ticked as having been done that had not been and the consumer was not made aware (of the defects).

Advertisement

Old 11-06-15, 09:28 AM   #2

I worked for Halfords as a technician in the early '90s the last time they set up service centres.
When I started they paid decent wages and sent the techs on courses at the AA school at Keyworth. We were expected to work to a high standard, we must have done things right at the Margate branch, we had one of the best repeat customer ratings in the country.
But a new management regime put pressure on us to do more work to customers cars, whether or not it was needed, heedless that we could be just as busy doing necessary work to previously satisfied customers.
Looks like Halfords has learned nothing about how to run a car repair workshop, and the bean counters hold sway, demanding short term profits over long time growth.

Roger.
Old 11-06-15, 11:11 AM   #3
Inactive User

The only thing that surprises me is that it wasn't the other way round as garages typically do work that isn't necessary. There again the state my 206 was in when I got it and it had only passed the MOT the day before I bought it don't know how as some faults were bordering on dangerous.

Old 11-06-15, 11:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post

The company failed to fix 11 out of 20 defects deliberately left by Trading Standards

Must admit I think a higher fine would have been better, when we look at how hard manufacturers make it for home servicing we are getting more pressure to trust garages.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
border_all is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-15, 12:03 PM   #5

A spokesman for Hellfrauds said: "its not our fault, we normally look for items which are generally OK and tell the customer that they need replacing"

Or is that QuackFit?
renegade likes this.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in