Greedy Camelot! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-10-15, 06:30 PM   #1

Default Greedy Camelot!

So how many of you are still playing UK Lotto now that they've added another 10 numbers to the draw? The chance of winning the jackpot was about one in 14 million before but now it's less than one in 45 million! I for one have hit it on the head and gone with the Health Lottery instead where your chances of winning are much higher although the jackpot is less but then I'm not greedy like Camelot appear to be!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1.6THP GTLine EAT6 Leather+Grip+ACC+O&G+Smart Boot

Last edited by mooi1uk; 20-10-15 at 06:46 PM.
mooi1uk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-10-15, 08:01 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooi1uk View Post
So how many of you are still playing UK Lotto now that they've added another 10 numbers to the draw? The chance of winning the jackpot was about one in 14 million before but now it's less than one in 45 million! I for one have hit it on the head and gone with the Health Lottery instead where your chances of winning are much higher although the jackpot is less but then I'm not greedy like Camelot appear to be!
+ 1 with the Health Lottery signed up online two weeks ago if I( get a win ) they email me to tell me so far have won two cheeky 10' s
mooi1uk likes this.
Old 20-10-15, 08:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagn View Post
+ 1 with the Health Lottery signed up online two weeks ago if I( get a win ) they email me to tell me so far have won two cheeky 10' s
Good for you! I won 1 today on a 50p line, hopefully the start of things to come

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1.6THP GTLine EAT6 Leather+Grip+ACC+O&G+Smart Boot
mooi1uk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 21-10-15, 07:01 AM   #4
Inactive User

There's always the Eurolottery, at less than 1 in 115,000,000 chance of winning the big prize.
mooi1uk likes this.
Old 21-10-15, 05:21 PM   #5

The smart ones are those who never bought a ticket.
However I can afford a couple of quid to have my fantasy of living in luxury.

Roger.
Old 22-10-15, 08:53 AM   #6

I bought 3 lines and won a free lucky dip. The following draw I bought two lines and used the free lucky dip and won 25 and another free lucky dip. Bought another two line and used the second free line and won nowt. total cost 14 so 11 in pocket. Slightly better results that on the original 49 number lottery but going to knock it on the head. Camelot have shown their greed with all the changes they have intoduced and the multitude of scratch cards they sell. Hopefully someone else will get to run it when Camelots licence to run the lottery expires - preferably a not for profit organisation. Maybe Branson will apply again.
mooi1uk likes this.

storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-10-15, 04:46 PM   #7

I was Amazed when Richard Branson was refused the lottery licence He would have made it a lot better for the Charities
Old 22-10-15, 05:53 PM   #8

Richard Branson is an entrepeneur with a very shrewd head for business. Make no mistake, if he runs the national Lottery he will have a keen eye on the bottom line.
He makes much of his casually dressed "Man of the People" image just as Boris Johnson nurtures a tousle haired a bit confused jolly good chap image.
Don't be fooled.

Roger.
Old 22-10-15, 08:04 PM   #9

Yes, Branson is a very shrewd businessman BUT when he applied for the licence to run the lottery he submitted plans to run it as a 'not for profit' lottery. I'm guessing that Camelot greased a few palms to keep their money generating scheme against Bransons bid.

storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-10-15, 08:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by storeman View Post
Yes, Branson is a very shrewd businessman BUT when he applied for the licence to run the lottery he submitted plans to run it as a 'not for profit' lottery. I'm guessing that Camelot greased a few palms to keep their money generating scheme against Bransons bid.
O yes forgot the not for profit part
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in