got shafted any come back? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-06-12, 10:33 AM   #1

Default got shafted any come back?

heres the story,

i got a call to look at a C5 2.0 110 HDi, Owner told me the car running was ok but last few months the power is lacking feels like a non turbo diesel, goes along done a few checks and noticed the injectors are loud so done a leak of test and 3 injectors are fooked, told him to source a new/2nd hand set and thats the car back to normal he wanted me to install them so i said get them i'll take the job on,

next day hes got a set from a 50k from the same car 110 HDi i looked at them and they looked good, put them in and started up the car and right away the car is lumpy and i thought something not right so i looked at the injector readings on the computer and they are all over the place:

1 : 5.32
2 : 4.53
3 : 2.02
4 : -3.08

i done a leak of test again and they just filled up right away so i told him to get go get your money back from the guy you bought them from so he phone the guy and he said bring them back and he will give him the money back

as the guy needed the car for work i got a set of injectors the other night so i installed them he payed me the money to cover the cost of the injectors i let him borrow till he gets sorted,

he called me last night and told me the guy he bought the injectors of wont answer his calls he got them from gumtree and met the guy at a local town,

the look of it the guy is not going to pay the money back 150 so what rights has he in terms of getting intouch with the police ect

(my idea was to get someone to fone up and ask for parts and meet up and have a nice chat but hes not keen on that route)
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-06-12, 12:05 PM   #2

did he pay using paypal or cash? with paypal he put a resolution in to where paypal will force a refund.

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-06-12, 12:11 PM   #3

cash John,
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 29-06-12, 12:17 PM   #4
Inactive User

He's fkd
stu63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-06-12, 01:03 AM   #5

as stu just said.

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in