Fuel strike threat 'Panic buying' at petrol stations - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-03-12, 08:59 PM   #1
Inactive User

Exclamation Fuel strike threat 'Panic buying' at petrol stations

I was out today and the petrol stations are packed out. People are nuts the strike hasn't even started yet or been decided either when its happening. They give notice when the strike happening but no people are nuts.

People in the UK are really perfectic mension a small thing and people panic. Now people are taking advantage and putting prices up to hell.

Fuel strike threat 'Panic buying' at petrol stations.

link
BBC News - Fuel strike threat: 'Panic buying' at petrol stations
Welshy_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-03-12, 08:57 PM   #2
jmkent

Couldn't believe some people the last few days.... utter ridiculous! The media has an awful lot to answer for though... hyping it all up and getting people to stock up.

Whats worse... garages are full of people putting in only a couple of gallons to top up... what is the bloody point? Just leave it and put in a decent fill up rather than queuing for that.

But have seen the price rise too.... so who is going to benefit now.... hhhmmmm, let me think

Anyway rant over.... just glad I had filled up before all this kicked off, because diesel is in short supply around here.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-03-12, 09:10 PM   #3
Inactive User

The scariest thing is the fact that the government don't have a clue also, first they say to fill your jerry cans and get rightly shot down by the fire brigade and then tell you to fill your car to 3/4 full.

Most people with the ability to watch the news or read the papers should know that the unions are sitting down with the company's on Monday and that the least notice they can give after that for a strike is 7 days so the earliest you could get a strike is 9th or 10th April so everyone panicking this week and queuing for an age will still have to fill up next week anyway
steve m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 30-03-12, 09:44 PM   #4

The government is responsible for that poor woman getting burnt , no wonder the country is screwed the lunatics have taken over the Asylum
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-03-12, 10:42 PM   #5
CAB

Apart from those who make a living from driving what is the worst that's gonna happen.

For me I wouldn't be able to get to work, am I worried, I think not!!!
Old 30-03-12, 10:44 PM   #6
rogersimons

that woman that burnt herself was stupid tho she was playing with fuel next to a lit gas hob..talk about thick..
Old 30-03-12, 11:08 PM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogersimons View Post
that woman that burnt herself was stupid tho she was playing with fuel next to a lit gas hob..talk about thick..
Yeah, filling petrol up with a glass jug

Think it's calmed down now anyway. I don't do queues so if I can't get any derv, I'll just cycle and prob save a load of money at the same time!
sialdo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-03-12, 10:47 AM   #8

I can't believe people are trying to blame the government for that stupid woman in York.

I don't recall the minister saying "transfer your fuel in a kitchen, into a glass jug, while your cooker is on".

It just goes to show how thick this country is.

First they were blaming Maude for the jerry can business. It's clear that he meant those little coloured plastic 5 litre ones because Sky, The Metro and a number of other media sources all showed pictures of them when mentioning it.

Everyone I know refers to a petrol container as a jerry can. It's like the word "hoover" is used when it could mean any branded vac.

Only the BBC went the full 9 yards to get hold of some true metal jerry cans.

Then we have those who conveniently forget the fights that broke out on the forecourt during the last fuel shortages in 2000. I don't recall anyone having a go at Blair or Brown back then.

And finally you have the comments on the Daily Mail website. Even though the articles relate to a strike because of tanker driver conditions, most comments were about the strike relating to the cost of fuel.
Old 31-03-12, 12:48 PM   #9

In my eyes its simple , the government caused panic , the woman who got burnt panicked ,
how stupid she is doesn`t count when she wouldn`t have tried any of this (and yes it was stupid) if the government hadn`t handle`d this so wrong ,

but on the bright side the government purse went up 30 million in the first two days of this mayhem , who`s stupid ????
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-03-12, 12:59 PM   #10
Inactive User

Default fuel strike

yes the idiots are still queing at sainburys,just drove down to shell no queues:
puggsy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in