Fozzy2k's Nemesis - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-01-14, 01:13 AM   #1

Thumbs up Fozzy2k's Nemesis

Booked my Peugeot 206 1.6 GTi HDi at Fozzy2k's workshop last Thursday.

Set off at 7am from Sunderland, arrived there a 9.10am. My car was really in a bad way, the usual blocked DPF, low fuel additive, immobiliser fault, anti-pollution fault and limp home mode with EML permanently on.
Fozzy's Panasonic Laptop just doesnt like my car and for some reason kept crashing PP2000. Time for the backup Dell Laptop and hey presto all the faults cleared and fixed and my bank balance 250 lighter.

Well I drove home and 2hrs and 10 mins later I arrived on the A690 Doxford Park roundabout and all I heard was BEEP followed by Anti-Pollution Fault and the annoying EML

Rang Fozzy "Who thinks he hasnt turned off a sensor" Ahh B******s another trip to Hull.

Booked the car in with Fozzy yesterday and drove down to Hull and nearly got wiped out by a foreign truck driver who was half asleep, I was in the outside lane he was in the inner, it was p*****g down with rain and he pulled out in front of me (no indicator), I slammed on the brakes, I was so close I could read the small writing printed on his number plate. Then he veered back into the inner lane. Finally arrived at Fozzy's. He hooked it up to the Laptop and it was a sensor he had missed. Was told to take it for a drive in case the fault reoccurs. 20 mins later I came back no faults, informed Fozzy waved goodbye, reattached the fusebox panel and BEEP, Anti-Pollution Fault with EML

Pulled the car back into the workshop. Read the faults and then erased them. Turns out to be EGR valve probably stuck open and fuel additive low.

Fozzy suggests he gets his mate to fill the Eyols tank with diesel to fool the tank sensor into believing its full and cleaning the EGR valve. Hopefully this should work (Fingers crossed)

So its off the Fozzy's mates workshop following the postcode inserted into the Tomtom. Takes me to Asda car park. Wants me to drive through the car park to the other side. Eventually I find were I am supposed to be going. Pulls the car in and jacks it up. Pulls of a pipe tries to force diesel into tank. Doesnt work. Plan B remove tank and 30 mins later tank is removed filled with diesel and reattached. Time for EGR valve. "Fozzy's mate is under the impression my car doesnt have one" Lets look on youtube and find it.

Oh look it does have one. Gonna be a big job this and I'm a bit busy at the moment working on my mates car which has to be finished by 2pm, so he can pick his missus up from work. Why dont you buy some EGR cleaner and squirt it into the Airbox (Duh wont that just cause a soggy Airfilter) Then it was take off the turbo pipe and squirt it into the turbo it will clean the EGR valve, its costs about 3 we use it all the time on Taxi's. If you want the EGR valve cleaning I'm a bit busy at the moment can you come back at 2.30pm (It was just after 1pm)

Not being funny but Fozzy was paying this guy to fix my car and I didnt fancy hanging around a place were I was a complete stranger (Stranger in a strange land) killing 90mins nor did I fancy driving back in the dark and dicing with death with truck drivers. So I left telling this guy I would fix it myself (I mean how hard is it to remove and clean an EGR valve? Is it a big job?) Not according to the Youtube video its not.

A BIG THUMBS UP TO FOZZY2K WHO HAD THE PATIENCE TO FIX MY CAR TWICE
themonk3106 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in